Which 3rd party trading platforms work with FXCM?

I would like to get some details on any 3rd party trading platforms that are certified to work with FXCM trading accounts, particularly with Micro accounts.

NinjaTrader mentioned upcoming functionality with FXCM; is there any word on this and whether that will include Micro accounts? Are there ANY other software platforms that might serve as an alternative to Trading Station (besides MT4)?

There is no way to use 3rd party companies or individuals’ services on a micro account. This is the FXCM’s policy!
Look for Trade Interceptor software. It does support FXCM Standard TS II account, not micro for the reasons above.
However since a while micro and standard accounts have no difference in spreads and also 1k lot trading is allowed on Standard accounts. So what exactly is your reasoning for micro account trading?
Go to tradeinterceptor’s website read what is all about, register and also contact their accounts and support department to get even more info and assistance and make your choice.
Look for Trade Interceptor threads here in the forum and you will see opinion of other traders.

Hope this helps

That’s disappointing to hear. I did not know you could essentially trade microlots (0.10/pip) on Standard accounts. If I understand that correctly than indeed the only difference between a micro and a standard account would be the minimum account balance (I believe it’s $2000?).

A friend of mine downloaded Trade Interceptor a week or so ago and likes it. I have yet to give it a whirl.

I really wish there were some way to trade my FXCM account with NinjaTrader; it looks very exciting. I’m really disappointed with the changes made to Marketscope with this last update and it has made trading directly off the chart (which is what I prefer) much more cumbersome.

Self-directed accounts with FXCM do need to be opened with $2000, but accounts being opened for FXCM with Riflexo (our company developing TradeInterceptor) as a Service Provider for the trader are allowed to open with $300 minimum. So it is aanother benefit.
As mentioned previously, when you want contact our accounts department to get the instructions and assistance.

Trading from the charts is possible on TradeInterceptor desktop and mobile. Hopefully you might find TradeInterceptor Desktop just as good as NT. Me personally I am a trader of FXCM and have my TradeInterceptor on desktop, iPhone and iPad as my main trading software. I have never executed chart trading from Marketscope because I use TI (TradeInterceptor) for that purpose.

Last but not least. Getting setup with your FXCM live account and TradeInterceptor does not add a penny to your trading costs, just because Riflexo gets rebates from the broker. This way our live traders support us indirectly.