Which City Has The Worst Air Pollution in the World?

Cities with the worst air pollution in the world.

As far as I know, Japan produces a small amount of toxic atmospheric emissions among all the countries of the world. Japan even buys quota from certain countries for pollution emissions.

I passed thru Shijiazhuang recently and it was pretty depressing. Hate to think what Onitsha must be like if it has virtually twice the PM10 readings

I also heard that Krakow is thought to be one of the dirty cities, it’s clean there because of the geographical considerations. It is low and all the dirt and smog settles there. It’s very difficult for people with upper respiratory tract infections to live there.

It is obvious that in our world there are problems with ecology, but I didn’t think that things’re so bad. The indicators are very bad, and the problem is that it’s people who are guilty of this.

We generally have big problems with pollution. You should check out pictures of the huge garbage islands that have formed in the oceans, it’s mind-boggling.

Yes, especially with plastic garbage. In most dead animals’ bodies many traces of plastic have been found. These kind of pictures break my heart, knowing the each and everyone of us is responsible for this mess. Unfortunately, so far I do not see any severe measures to be taken.

True. Watched that kind of documentary “Plastic Ocean” and it’s really horrible. It breaks my heart too.

Since we have realized and understood where plastic went and hiding, at least we can refuse taking the plastic bags from the shopkeeper (not always but mostly). That’s the smallest thing we can do to avoid this mess.

I agree. I carry my own cloth bags. They’re sturdier than a plastic bag, don’t cut into my palms when they’re heavy and they can be used over and over again.

1 Like

I think Zabol, Iran is the worst air polluted city in the world. We have to take steps to fight pollution. Air pollution causes breathing, skin and heart problems. If we do not take steps now, our future generation will curse us forever.