Which funded firms to select now

ya, some time i think about that too, let me start from next month, thanks my friend !

Looks like 5%ers nw have a visa card option, for payouts.

1 Like

not always, i would say you can do both in the same time, learning and trading :wink:

1 Like

all my posts are general and based on my knowledge and experience. I know how many knowledge should gain beginner to be profitable trader, gain knowledge and training at the same time can distract you, slowing down your progress. Anyway, you decide.

1 Like

Trading real money was different than demo trading for me. And trading a micro $30 account was different than trading a $1000 account.

Most prop firms going bankrupt is the newly prop firms and those ceo’s coming from older prop firms thinking running prop firm company is same thing with trading many accounts in different prop firms.

Meaning, they don’t know how to build sustainable business model in this industry they just knew how to trade and that two is different level to each other.

5%ers is good and reputable prop firm. The other option is Audacity Capital and FTMO.

1 Like

Most of us see FTMO as the standard, but I think it depends on your situation and budget. You could buy several small accounts and spread them across multiple prop firms, rather than investing everything in a single large account with one firm. The risk of losing a prop firm account is quite high. Imagine experiencing slippage during news events while you’re sleeping, or making a mistake like entering the wrong lot size. If you have multiple small accounts, the impact is minimized in the rare event that one of the firms closes down.

Absolutely right. But at the moment that’s a very, very common event - not a rarity at all. Forex funding companies are dropping like flies.

And welcome to Babypips, @Thubay .

2 Likes

That is interesting. Thank you Heteroskedasticity! Do you mind sharing your experience with trading prop firm? What firms are you with now and maybe perhaps you joined a firm that closed down before?

1 Like

I have none. I know a couple of people who got started that way (one gradually made enough to trade his own account, and left the prop-shop behind, the other is still there and progressing slowly). They must have tried at least 10 different firms, between them, too. It wasn’t completely easy for either of them.

These firms seem to be going under almost at the rate of one per day, right now! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Yesterday: Prop Firm Indigo Trader Funding Ceases Operations, Files for UK Strike-Off

The day before: Another Prop Firm Shuts Down, Founder Blames "Cheaters" for Liquidity Issues

1 Like

Thanks Heteroskedasticity! Your name lol. I need a shorter version of it. Thank you for sharing. I heard about FundedEngineer. Only know it closed down after reading your post. Probably a lot of investors wanna open Prop Firm businesses, thinking 99% of traders losing and they can earn money. But some of the good traders join them and earn big profits, along with marketing cost, operation cost and lack of business operation experience, also regulation. All in all, it makes a lot of firms created and closed down.

1 Like

Yes, this seems to be right.

Loads of them close down, but every single one that closes seems to be a forex/CFD one.

I haven’t heard of a futures funding company/prop-firm closing down at all.

My guess is that’s because the futures ones are genuinely funding on CME the people who pass the evaluations, in other words actually doing what the forex/CFD ones are only pretending to do, and making their profit-share.

Just the same as with brokers, in other words: the forex/CFD ones aren’t actually brokers at all - they’re only pretending to be, while they’re actually counterparties.

The futures funding companies might also, overall, be attracting slightly better traders in the first place, of course: not because trading futures is any more difficult than trading forex (it isn’t: almost everyone says it’s slightly easier, if anything) but because almost nobody who can trade profitably and steadily sticks with just forex/CFD’s anyway (why would they?).

Seems to me that from the customer’s perspective, it all boils down to whether your broker/funder/whatever is incentivized for you to win, or to lose.

Regulation, in the CFD-funding-company markets (which is gradually coming, starting with Australia, I think) will obviously also be very helpful, overall, for customers!

1 Like

HUGE Update Makes MFFU The #1 Prop Firm…

I’d never risk using a funded account in these markets… Each to their own…

These comparison’s contain more information… Should be better than opinions

1 Like

“Information”? Maybe. If you use the word loosely enough. They certainly contain enough promotional affiliate links, don’t they?! No question of any bias, then? :open_mouth: :sweat_smile:

“Information”? Definitely… Posters want information from traders that ARE using Prop Firms to trade these markets… At the very least this YouTuber is transparent about his promotional affiliate links…

Which is more than can be said about a few posters in this forum…

1 Like

The few people I know who are potentially interested are certainly not looking for incentivized recommendations based on affiliate links! :grimacing:

There we’re on exactly the same page (it even looks like that’s a big part of why the forum’s losing members and activity, when you look at what people are saying in the Feedback section about exactly that, when they leave).

How much learning can you get from a prop firm? Are they met more for traders who’ve been doing it for a while and already have a system in mind? Or do they just need willing bodies, but of course with some trading experience?

I would suggest both categories are useful to a prop firm. They gain from both. Profit share from the former, fee income from the latter? Its just business…

This varies enormously.

Some offer almost no education, say so openly, and stress that they’re looking only for experienced traders.

Others offer a range of educational packages (some included free, others as optional extras).

At least one has a very-low-cost “education-only” service where you don’t even get the evaluation/funding-challenge (other than as an optional extra) but just the education.

1 Like

I agree with you. Futures funding companies might also be attracting slightly better traders overall. Because Forex is so heavily advertised, there is a huge influx of newbie traders. It’s not that Forex traders are better than futures traders, but there are more newbie traders choosing to start with Forex rather than futures because of the promotional campaigns by FX companies.

1 Like