Which is Best Softwares for Backtesting? Got One!

Hi guys. I have been trading more than 5 years and this forum has helped me a lot in my career. Over the years I have tested many Forex softwares but finally I got one which is forex tester latest update.
I really think it is the best of its kind.

I noticed that forex tester five is a forex trading simulator that makes use of historical price information (minute or tick) to help you quickly and effortlessly backtest a new buying and selling machine or approach.

I am very much impressed that forex tester routinely tracks your performance, which may be analyzed in detail. This software program permits you to take masses of trades in a to depend on hours or minutes (relying on the necessities of the system or method). the use of this trading simulator will now not only speed up your backtesting but it can fast provide you with valuable revel in that usually takes years of display screen time.
There are lot of tools nowadays in the market. Kindly share your own experience about these types of tools if you have used before.

4 Likes

part 2
What I really like

Forex Tester is intuitive and smooth to apply. It permits you to quickly and without difficulty backtest a new buying and selling machine or method. you could increase and decrease the spread and regulate other buying and selling guidelines to mimic your broker. Your performance is mechanically tracked, so there’s no need for notepads or spreadsheets. you could modify the rate of the marketplace, or genuinely pass one candlestick at a time

3 Likes

now lets talk about its User interference,which personally I like it beacuse:
The layout of the Forex Tester 5 is much like that of MetaTrader 4 (MT4). While it’s now not a specific reproduction, users of MetaTrader four will discover foreign exchange Tester acquainted this is a large plus. in case you’re an experienced MT4 person, this familiar layout shortens your learning curve. in case you are a new forex trader, you may very possibly flip to MT4 whilst you need to transit to live buying and selling. using forex Tester will help with a quick transition.

3 Likes

Good day,
Please I need to know the basics of forex trading it difficult to find the educational page on the web page

1 Like

Hi. For beginners, what you need

1 Like

you can start from basic topics in this site and move to the advance level. Its very easy on this site.

1 Like

Also there are videos courses which can help you to in understanding forex tester and its pretty much simple and easy but powerful tool as I have tested many strategies on this software. Very fun actually.

1 Like

I understand this forex tester is not free?

1 Like

there is a free trial available on their website, but it has limitations. you can test no more than 1 month of historical data uninterruptedly for no more than 1 hour. this tool is vital for me; that’s why I bought the full version

1 Like

I used various backtesting software to test my strategies, such as fxsimulator, soft4fx, traingview, simplefxtester and others. And I want to tell you that the forex tester is also on my top list :top::+1:

That’d be a great topic tbh. To share your opinion or pros/cons of each tool would be very interesting to read about.

1 Like

TradingView gives me great pleasure. You can use it on almost any device with a browser, and you don’t need to install any software. This is great for charting and trading.

Forex Tester comes in second because it is very well integrated but still only works on Windows. You can also load many different data feeds from the program, making it more valuable than the other software on the list. Forex Tester Data Service allows you to download data from multiple brokers right into the software. This saves a lot of time because you don’t have to search for third-party data and then store it on your computer.

Soft4X is the best value for money. It provides two built-in data load sources, which is enough for most users to get started. You can also upload your data to MT4 if you want to test data from other brokers.

3 Likes

What historical price info did you use? Which one is better?

1 Like

Why backtesting? It’s not a panacea. It’s better to test everything on demo

1 Like

Backtesting is not a magic wand. However, there is no need to spend centuries while waiting for results from demo or live accounts. Plus, no one wants to lose their money. It’s quite risky to go live without checking your idea on history.

1 Like

Hi
I used tick data since they are more accurate.

1 Like

I join hands with @zubi950. You can think of me as a total old-school trader but I believe that if the strategy performed well in the past, it’ll be OK in real trading. I have seen this in practice.

1 Like

@Mondeoman opened a new discussion thread about his experience with this backtesting software
A journal of using a Forex back testing application

1 Like