Which is the best time to trade, day or night?

Through my trading career i have found myself getting in trades at times too early and at times too late,is there a specific time that is best to begin trading in order to increase my winning edge? Through my dealing profession i have discovered myself getting in deals at periods too beginning and at periods too delayed,is there a particular time that is best to start dealing to be able to improve my successful edge?

No matter what the trading is at a particular time, the trader that trades the market must be very time conscious, by this many trading set ups will be very noticing, the part of trading is large, but either day or night you can achieve all the best.

I will talk from my experience, the best time to trade will depend on your strategy, is it sideway strategy or trending strategy,
usually market most active when its open and when 2 market overlapping each other. If you use trending strategy then that is the best time to hunt down for entry.
If you use sideway or ranging strategy then choose less market activity or when all market closed or maybe before important news.

If you are swing trader or long term trader, then no important time, all you need to do is best entry and good trade management also emotion management and you are ready to go for mining profit.

The time when you feel now market is easy to analyze you will get trend clear do trading . It is not fix any time in day or night for trading . I make good profits in day trading . I avoid trading at ninght . It depends on trading session and your time zone what time is best for you .

Depending on your timezone, it maybe be day or nighttime but the American and European sessions are the most productive.
Grix

That is up to you, if you are a scalper, well the Kangaroo session will not be good for you.

8;15 G.M.T + 13;15 G.M.T ARE THE ONLY TWO TIMES I TRADE DAILY.
A lot happens at this time of day.
Check out the Pound/ Dollar at these two times of day.

A good trader can trade anytime of the day or night, but the most profitable times of the day, are the UK and the US trading sessions.

I know this sounds goofy… I like nights because they are more predictable. Once 10AM PST hits, im done. The reserve banks start talking, bloomberg starts talking and the market does stuff I am not use to.

This is basically it. Some say you should trade during the times with most volatility, but it really depends on your strategy. Some trading systems really work in low liquidity situations, some work best during the U.S. session, etc.

If you are swing trader or long term trader, then no important time, all you need to do is best entry and good trade management also emotion management and you are ready to go for mining profit.

I personally prefer trading during the London session for my day trades. I would take a trade before the open or at the start of the open and then close before the New York session starts (usually!) But if I see that there’s a lot of momentum in my trade, I hold on longer.

I like the discussion about trading day or night among the people from different parts of the world where the time difference is 12 hours or more. But in the end, everything depends of which trading session you like the most

I think A good trader see the trend of market and open the trade but everyone can trade any time time in day or night. I think it is upto you.

it same with me, i always trade when i have time to trade…

i am trend trader, so i alway trade during the Us and EU time…this more moving, more profit…

All depend on your plan.

Hand down I think the best time is London open - London lunch … And London close USA open

Worst time is Sydney Monday and Friday

I trade at various times depending on the strategy and chart:

W1, D1, H4: any time
H1, m30, m5: 7am until noon GMT
m5 scalping (6 to 15 pips): 7pm until 4am GMT

The London break (I am in London) happens here 7.45 to 8.15 am so this is critical. Usually I will stop at 12.30 or 1pm. I completely ignore the NY session. It never does me any favours.

No matter what time you trade, it is always important to assess the volatility by viewing the charts and measuring the pip values. Many times during the Asian session (and of course any session in August) it is prudent to walk away.

For example, last night I was scalping and only the JPY pairs had enough price action. I ignored everything else and captured a goodly amount of pips from 9pm until close at 10pm.

Also, certain times of day attract great spreads and horrible spreads. Take a look before you jump in.

based on many users, the best time to trade is when the market is starting opening…
But for me, my pleasure time is best time for trade because i don’t have mush time to enter the market…
So, my pleasure time is my best…

I think the best moments depends on you, if you are more concentrated in the night, it’s better during that time, otherwise it’s better in the day time

The best time to trade depends upon the currency pair which we trade and since i trade in EUR/USD, GBP/USD i find London opening and the overlap session of both markets to be good which is afternoon and extends upto night for me. :slight_smile: