Which news sources do you use?

Hi all, thanks for the awesome community and I am relatively a newbie in forex for now. I have a few questions regarding news sources:

(1) Where do you check financial news as the morning routine when you wake up? Do you check multiple sources or simply the major media like Bloomberg and CNBC?

(2) Is there any website that provide morning financial news summary from different traditional sources (like Bloomberg, CNBC, WSJ and/or X).

I find that it becomes a repetitive process for me to check multiple news sources for fundamental and sentiment analysis of the market and sometimes I happened to scan over and ignore some crucial information.

Thank you again!

Hi! Personally I use forexlive.com page as a news resource, the main page it’s more for real-time news. And they also have Session Recaps (Forex Headlines, Session News WrapUp Of Market Headlines | ForexLive) where you can quickly see what happened in the past sessions (NA, Asia, European).

I find the real-time news feed really fast and they cover really good the major announcements expected/unexpected.

Hope you find helpful this info, but check if it fits all your needs!

1 Like

I used to report Asian market FX news from 2012-2014. One of the best sources for news & sentiment was following the analyst on Twitter. I would also bookmark all their analysis links that they post the PDFs to. Once I got cred with them (finding mistakes in a report), I would chat with them. ANZ Bank, Commerce Bank, Westpac, HSBC
We had a bloomberg terminal for instant news, but thats insanely expensive. Nowadays I just surf the FF Calendar https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar or read through ForexLive.com as a couple of us went there to work.

1 Like

Hi EmeraldEyes,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is amazingly helpful! Yea, one of my friend as an institutional traders uses Bloomberg terminal and she mentions that it cost $24k / year, which is a significant investment…

Thanks for sharing the story regarding the analyst on Twitter and two useful sites (ForexFactory & ForexLive). I am kinda looking for a good source to catch up what had happened when I woke up in the morning, I will give ForexLive and ForexFactory a try for sure, thank you again!

1 Like

Thank you Shotik! I did not know there’re session recaps on ForexLive, and it does helpful! I was looking for a quick recap and/or summary like what you mentioned instead of real-time news. It is indeed helpful to know what happens in other sessions to better prep myself before start the day. Thank you again!

1 Like

I’d look at those bank reports, see who the analyst is, then follow them on X. You’d be surprised how many in the banks only have 200 followers and are happy to discuss their positions/sentiment.

1 Like

Wow! This is totally unique and I have never heard before… It is indeed important to learn what are those big players thinking and strategizing. I guess the huge amount of capital flow does impact the forex market and provide some degree of indication.

Rookie question: why don’t people just simply collect these analyst opinions and follow up with swing trading (sort of like SMC concept in X-way I guess?).

Yep, thats a strategy. Most have projections in rates based on macroeconomic forecasts.

1 Like

Hmm. :thinking: I also do Bloomberg, Forexfactory, and the calendar here. :blush:

1 Like

Hi ria_rose! Thanks for sharing!

So you check out Bloomberg, Forexfactory and the economic calendar on babypips (which is awesome!) every morning before your trading session? What kind of information do you look for and how long does it take approximately? Thank you!

I like Bloomberg Survelliance on YT.

The calendar here during the week.

And then I’ll read news in Tradingview on the pair I’m trading.

I also got the Premium Subscription here, and they write about the week and what events will affect the markets.

Many traders check multiple sources including Bloomberg, CNBC, and Reuters for diverse perspectives.

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: I check it out daily, even though I don’t necessarily get to open a trade every day. :sweat_smile: But personally, I think 30 minutes would be enough. :blush: Also, love the enthusiasm! :blush: We’ll be cheering for you on your trading! :smiley:

1 Like

Newbie News Navigator?

• Major media (CNBC) & forex sites for morning routine.
  • Try financial aggregators (Google Finance) or forex broker summaries for quick updates.
1 Like

Personally, I check forexfactory and dailyfx and hardly follow others sites beyond these two.

3 Likes

Wow thanks for all of you sharing your own experience and I am so glad I found babypips here!

eleanorkim: Yes, Bloomberg, CNBC and Reuters are well-covered and always provide in-time news for readers to catchup. Sometimes I just got lost with the huge amount of information they provided and somehow spent to much time reading each of them. I am still learning how to identify “HIGH-PRIORITY” events vs low ones. Thank you!

ria_rose: Yea, I am kinda starting as a swing trader at this moment, too. Trying to get to know more fundamental and market sentiment analysis besides technical perspective. Spending 30 minutes digesting latest news sounds awesome, I’d like to add it to my daily morning routine too! Thank you for your support!

noahsimmons: I do check a few financial aggregators like seeking alpha or investing. com. I haven’t got a chance to take a look at Google Finance, let me get back to you after I check it out, thank YOU!

Peter_John: forexfactory, dailyfx and forexlive are the top three sites that I learned from experienced traders and indeed they are so informative. Just curious do you also do inter-market analysis (like checking bond yield, commodity prices, S&P500 index etc)? Not sure if this is helpful for a beginner to start with. Thank you!

Hey guys.

This post here has some good sources to note:

A few of those I see have already been mentioned which is nice.

But that should be useful anyway.

1 Like

Hey, welcome! For my morning routine, I usually hit Bloomberg and CNBC first for that quick snapshot of what’s going on. Then, I might check out some forex forums. And yep, there’s a cool site called Finimize that does a neat job of summarizing stuff from different places like Bloomberg, CNBC, and the Wall Street Journal. It saves me a ton of time and keeps me from missing out on the important bits. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Good luck with that! :blush: And btw, congratulations on finishing the school! :smiley: I realize I haven’t greeted you. :open_mouth:

A lot of people I know use forex factory calendar in order to see the big factors that may affect the day. Red folders and orange folders.

One thing I don’t think was mentioned here is financial juice website. This is real time news as it happens. And they post links from various sources like FX Street and forex live. Lot of from them. So if something important is mentioned in a speech it’ll pop up. Not really for summary of the day because it is minute by minute. But a nice way to check the news when things are moving and finding if anything just happened. And it’s free.