Which pairs has more liquidity during Tokyo session

Hi guys. I’m a month into trading now. #interesting so far. I’m about to starting with a demo account but the thing is I’m usually busy during the day and can only focus on trading @ night, at which time the Asian session is open, so my questions is which pairs among EURJPY USDJPY AUDJPY have more liquidity during Tokyo session. All inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.

Volume is stated on some brokers’s live charts. But bear in mind they can’t have access to comprehensive volume data so actual totals and relative volumes might vary from what they report.

I thought it would be interesting to sample the JPY pairs’ volume data from the charts on the platform I use. These are hourly averages for 2400-0600 on a recent overnight session -
EUR/JPY - 4,200
GBP/JPY - 3,700
USD/JPY - 3,200
NZD/JPY - 3,000
AUD/JPY - 2,700
CHF/JPY - 2,500
SGD/JPY - 2,500
CAD/JPY - 2,200

No explanation available as to source of these figures or what they represent (open positions?, closed positions?, capital?) so take them with a pinch of salt. But the ratios between currencies seem unsurprising, except that NZD volume is so high. “Daytime” volume figures seem to be typically about 2-3 times higher.

1 Like

Thank you for the info,really useful

Hi,

Here is the graph which shows you information about trading pairs and theirs trading session pip range.

1 Like