Which part of your trading routine takes the most time?

That makes sense! :blush: After you’ve opened your trade, the next time-consuming part is waiting for your trade to either hit your TP or your SL. :sweat_smile:

Definitely! :open_mouth: No doubt about this. :smiley: So I think it really makes sense that this takes up most of people’s time. :smiley: Haha.

“Verifying module” in this case means. strategies trade on demo account and I compare results from demo and back test, if match, strategy pass, if not I delete it

There is so much data to check that I focused now on one pair

1 Like

That’s a pretty straightforward way to go about it. :blush: Definitely makes sense. So, what do you think is the best pair to try out these strategies? :thinking:

Definitely analyzing the markets to identify potential trading opportunities. This involves studying price charts, technical indicators, fundamental news, and market sentiment.

1 Like

Makes sense! :blush: If you don’t mind, how much time do you usually dedicate to checking the news? :thinking:

I am currently building strategies for gold (xau/usd)

Would love to trade this one too but just far too expensive for me.

Hahaha, every aspiring writer can relate to this. Secretly I think it’s an almost subconscious fear of being inadequate to the task, even though you only become adequate by actually doing the task, not preparing for it (just so you know, this is me preaching to myself as I really struggle with this as well).

A trick I use for writing is to set a daily minimum requirement. But not a time requirement, a page requirement. “I will stay at this computer until I write X pages today!”

Perhaps this could be something you and I adopt for trading. Though the setups aren’t always there, so perhaps demo trading or historic data trading for the final trades of the day to make our daily requirement that might not have been met by live trading.

2 Likes

I like this. Desisitize yourself to the losses inherent in all winning strategies, especially those utilizing a positive Risk to Reward.

I’ve always been super intimidated by trading gold. :sweat_smile: How different are the strategies for trading gold and the strategies for trading currency pairs? :open_mouth:

As much as I’d love to do this, I’d probably have to stay there for the rest of the week. :sweat_smile: But I’m super excited to have another aspiring writer in the community! :blush: Haha. Or are you already published? :open_mouth:

Well, analyzing the charts and looking for entry points is what takes most of my time, there ain’t nothing I could do about it tho! Guess that is how it is supposed to be.

2 Likes

Nope! I wish. I lost my digital copy and am in the process of typing it all back into the computer. I haven’t even emailed any agents yet. Hopefully I will start emailing them before the end of this year, if my free time permits me to finish getting it back into the computer.

Like a true nerd, I write science fiction. What do you write?

you can trade micro lots

Generally price ranges, on gold are 10 times higher than normal currency pairs like eur/usd at the same time frame, and sensitivity to data resolution. Depends on how you build strategies, you should use good tick instead of 1 minute data.

1 Like

Definitely. :sweat_smile: Hahaha. Kinda expected that a lot of people would say that also. I guess I was just trying to find my fellow procrastinators. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha.

Oh no. :open_mouth: I hope you retrieve your copy soon. :frowning: But at least you have connections to agents, which means you’re much much closer to getting published! :smiley: Haha. Don’t judge me HAHAH but since I grew up reading YA… :sweat_smile:

I don’t think I’ve ever used tick data before. :sweat_smile: There’s still so much I have yet to learn about and try using. :sweat_smile:

Interesting approach! I tend to use the other one where I will spend a minimum amount of time doing something and hope that it will get the juices flowing. So like for writing, I’d be like, I will spend 30 minutes trying to start something on this one. Just because mentally, the burden of coming up with one whole page or an entire section can be daunting whereas if I break it down by time (that’s short) then it doesn’t seem so difficult.