Which places have the most poisonous creatures?

There are reasons why I will never move to Australia, even though it’s a developed country. Some of these reasons are:

• strict and oppressive government policy on many things like import restrictions, air gun laws, etc.
  • The accent of its people that I find funny and dislike.
  • And poisonous creatures which is the main reason.

Australia has got a lot of poisonous creatures, snakes, ants, spiders, scorpions, jellyfish and even plants. Most of the world’s most venomous species are found in Australia, where just about anything can kill you. I heard that Australian cities and suburbs have got a lot of venomous snakes.
So I ask, are there any other similar places in the world that have got a lot of poisonous creatures? Perhaps if you live in those places, and encounter such creatures frequently, does it make you want to move?

2 Likes

Ooooh. This sounds interesting! :smiley: Haha. I’ve seen memes about the scary creatures in Australia, but I’d still love to get the chance to visit and explore the country! :smiley: (I just hope I don’t encounter any of those huge spiders. :cold_sweat:) Anyway, I guess anywhere that has forests (like the Philippines) has the potential to have a lot of poisonous creepy crawlies? :thinking:

But tbh, personally, I think that poisonous creatures in my country are disguised as congressmen and public officials lol I guess every country has those.

3 Likes

Any place with a rather hot climate is usually bound to have some creepy crawlies roaming about. One needs to do their research before their visit.

1 Like

Mostly tropical jungle environments have poisonous creatures, desert environments have very few, except the scorpion. There are poisonous spiders in Brazil cities. I heard of lots of snake bites in Costa Rica, and I learned that there are supposed to be lots of poisonous snakes and centipedes in Malaysia but I never saw any when I was there because I think most of the jungle has been cleared in this modernized country paved with concrete. I only saw soldier ants
Most of Africa has relatively few poisonous creatures.

Desert environments also have snakes and ants, which often also have venom or poison or toxin.

Australia is widely famous for its exotic and dangerous animals. I was surprised until i read about it on the internet. In the week, there was a accident where the wife was wearing snakes shaped socks and the husband came and broke her foot with a bat. The World is a messed up place.

Snake-shaped socks? How realisic were they? And if they were that realistic how did she walk in them? :thinking:

Australia have so many creatures and species of insects that we can only imagine. I knew that they have a lot of animals in the country but I was surprised to know about the poisonous creatures when one of my friend went there to study. He was afraid to sleep alone in his room.

What’s the evolutionary theory about the amount of poisonous and venomous creatures in Australia?

1 Like

I am not sure Australia have the most of them - poisonous ones. I still think it’s Africa, China and South America. Australia has the least probably. Russia and United States probably have more wild creatures than anywhere else in the world I would say.

Australia, India and some South American countries seem to have the most poisonous and venomous creatures out of everyone.

Most of Australia is safe, although there is places you have to be carefull. Anywhere near water (creeks, rivers, lakes) in Northern Australia has issues with Salt Water Crocodiles… large numbers because they are protected, can grow up to 4-5 meters, very territorial and supremely cunning… most sharks are no match for a clever Croc…

Over on the Pacific Coast off Northern Queensland (Great Barrier Reef) locals generally don’t swim in the ocean because of the Jellyfish and Irukandji swarms at certain times of year, Crocs once again, Bull Sharks and Tiger sharks less so but they are around. The Great White Shark generally only inhabits the cooler Southern Australian waters below the bottom half of the continent.

Australia has a few venomous Spiders, Redback (Very Common) and the Funnel Web which won’t kill you unless you are really young or frail, but will make you mighty sick and their venom can cause permanent tissue damage.

Snakes are all across Australia with the most venomous ones once again found in the hotter tropical northern Australia. I live in the south of the country and even as a kid in outer suburban Melbourne we had a lot of Brown and Tiger Snakes around… They seem to be less common now in the outer suburbs due to the sheer growth and development that has driven them out or killed them off.

I have a hobby farm outside of Melbourne in rugged bushland and most snakes are only seen when pinching eggs (or whole chickens), other wise you don’t see them.

So… It’s pretty safe all over… we don’t have the wolves, bears, big cats and other killer wildlife that are responsible for a lot of fatalities in other parts of the world…

Hope some of you find this of interest… Cheers

3 Likes

The chickens part is one fascinating and terrifying mental image.