Which platform?

I’d say the MT4 is the most popular, you can also check Currenex and cTrader…depends on what you are looking for and what you like to trade?

Cheers,

Agree with Amale here. It is better to start trading with MT4 as a newbie

It is not only the most popular but also the best. My friend, since you are done with your studying, I think you need to get a real account, but if you feel like using demo, it is still ok. However, a real account will help you see all the features of the MT4 platform. You can use Online Forex Trading Platform, Award Winning Forex Broker - AvaTrade MT4 platform for a start if you want to.

There are many platforms… i would go with a micro-fx broker for a beginner… and remember not to leverage too much money…

Just as Amale has said, MT4/MT5 is easier for newbies, Currenex is less user friendly yet more streamlined for professionals with specific order types, such as Fill or Kill which is utilized for typical large order sizes which could exceed liquidity at a given spot price.

Would suggest MT4, easy to use, convenient and better functionality…

There are two main platform : MT4 and MT5 and they were developed my one company. You should consider broker instead of finding a platform.

I disagree a professional trader doesn’t use MT4 and does not recommend it, it has many short comings, we all know that it’s no secret to any trader, in any case you don’t need to choose the broker mentioned above because of so many reasons but I will keep this to myself…but you can read the reviews and see for yourself.

Oh well MT4 is a popular platform but it’s not THE MAIN PLATFORM, you can choose from different platforms, professional traders will advise you to go for Currenex or cTrader…Mt4 has lots of shortcomings although offered by most brokers because traders don’t know better.

Cheers and good luck!

Even though one may prefer other platforms to the usual MT4/MT5, restrictions are also in place by the broker. What platforms will they provide price feeds for, in some cases MT4 only, in which case you have no choice to make.

There are new version of metatrader, its meta5 but meta4 is more favorited.
So, the best platform is metatrader4…

Agree. It is hard to replace MT4.

It might just be coincidental with my particular broker, but they favor MT5 for ECN ‘style’ accounts and MT4 for regular accounts. The main difference being that MT5 has lower spreads, no re-quotes and apparently faster execution (this of course has nothing to do with the platform, but rather the broker)

MT4 and NinjaTrader rule.

For newbies, the preferred option is MT4, they can opt for other versions later on.

It is obvious that this trader is a newbie and I think his best choice right now should be the MT4 platform. As for AvaTrade, there a very many traders there and they are making profits as well. Reviews are not all they seem. Traders give negative reviews for reasons which sometimes may not the the broker’s fault.

Up until this point, I still consider MT4 as the most effective platform to use.

If you are efficient in charting, then platform is not really important (unless it really has huge flaws). Traders have different tastes. Choose what is most comfortable and user friendly FOR YOU and avoid labeling this platform or that platform as better or worse as a general rule but perhaps better or worse for YOU.

Mt4 is one of the most popular and easy for beginner to use . While other brokers also provide other platform to trade. So you need to find the one you are comfortable and find easy to use in trading.

I started my trading career with web terminal, but once i got accustomed to meta trader 4 trading terminal there was no looking back for me and thus i have been able to make some good trades in MT4 and prefer the same for trading in future.