What are some of the best trading platforms to use?

If you believe MT4 is most popular by the traders why you looking for others ?

1 Like

Hi there,

This is a question that I have been asking for as well, with not a lot of luck of finding real answers.

I’ve been using TradingView for charting, demo trading and because it’s web based so I can switch computers without having to install anything. Not sure what MT4 has that TradingView doesnt, but nobody has answered this question so I would definitely recommend TradingView.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I am use mt4, and so far so good, I like with mt4 platform because already support automatic trading, and we can use custom indicator from third party, and also with script help trader making transaction manually, I am ever hear about ninjatrader and also cTrader but I am never try it

2 Likes

I’m just asking for other platforms, not that big of a deal

lol from what I noticed on here, if you don’t ask a question in a certain way then some people feel as though you shouldn’t even be trading LOL I’m like we are obviously here to learn, so if you don’t have a response to what I’m asking then just keep it moving

Hi, Justshell. This topic has been discussed many times before. Perhaps you could find these threads useful:

1 Like

Appreciate it! @sebastiano there are a tonnn of discussion threads on here, so thank you for saving me time

1 Like

it’s okay Justshell, I have been using MT4 from starting my trading as a new Forex trader , always feel comfortable , that’s why never changed. If you need go for others.

If you’re trying to do something difficult successfully, in the proven knowledge that a huge majority of the people trying to do it are consistent losers, what’s more logical: to use the same tool that the great majority use, or to avoid it?

It wouldn’t matter what tools the vast majority used, the end result would still be the same.
Particular charting suites or broker platforms aren’t the main culprit when it comes to draining people’s accounts, far from it.

But different platforms have different fees/charges ; some indicators might not be available in some ; how’s the order interface ; does it contain historical data? ; does it allow backtesting? etc. I currently use the TradersWay MT4 platform for my demo account. I like it so far, but just wanted to make sure I should stick with them when I’m ready to go live, just checking out my other available options

Agree with corin, It’s not a big deal what tools the vast majority used. The most important is which tool is more appropriate to the concept of trading that will be used.

What platform do you normally use?

I use the MT4 platform, but is the MT4 platform the same with all brokers such as TradersWay. FXCM, Oanda, etc? Does it even matter?

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

I do not have particular experience with these brokers but basically it should be the same. Although different brokers could offer some custom indicators or Expert Advisors developed for the MT4. It depends on the services and conditions I guess. But overall there shouldn’t be any differences in these MT4 platforms.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’d also add that different brokers may or may not allow scalping, even if the platform they offer is the same, so a trader should check for that before they sign up in case they want to scalp.

Oh wow, I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks! I would want to be able to scalp sometimes whenever I feel like it lol

Ninja Trader and Trade Station are good, but expensive for a new trader. MT 4 works just fine. It’s not the platform my friend, it’s you, a decent system and DICIPLINE ! Easy to say. very hard to truly do with Greed and Fear being you worst enemies. (AKA, Money Management).

Best of luck,

Bob

1 Like

Yeah, well, I think that mt4 is the best platform. Mt5 is not that bad either, though. Anyhow, you should decide for yourself. Cause if one trader finds some feature really useful, it doesn’t mean you will.

1 Like