Which Quote In Your Opinion Best Applies To Forex Trading?

I confess…I am not the originator of this one I got it from Tommor. Thanks. It aptly encapsulates my approach to this business of trading. Many people want to be like the gurus with the supercars and flashy lifestyle instead of simply focusing on stockpiling US$20.00 per day.

Trading is like mining granite out of the ground, its not like hunting the world’s biggest diamond.

10 Likes

I like this post but modesty forbids me from Liking it.
:+1:

7 Likes

I forget where I heard this, but it was from some streaming program:

“A successful business is built one percent at a time”

6 Likes

Ho @tommor,

I have vicariously “liked” your post. You are too humble, honestly. :joy:

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

2 Likes

Scalping is a very short-term trading strategy that involves taking multiple small profits on trading positions with a very short duration.

1 Like

This seems great!

“All that glitters is not gold” this quote is apt in my opinion to describe trading as there are a lot of people who enter this field with the misconception of it being a flight to easy riches and face the harsh reality later on. Just like any other business, trading demands sheer hard-work and persistence.

1 Like

That’s actually smart.

1 Like

“In trading, you have to be defensive and aggressive at the same time. If you are not aggressive, you are not going to make money, and if you are not defensive, you are not going to keep the money.” By Ray Dalio

This quote has played an important role in making my goals and my method of trading clear.

4 Likes

I’m not sure who originally said this but “trading is the hardest way to make the easiest money”.

8 Likes

Ha, I like this one :slight_smile: (I’m trying to link cashisking86’s posts but can’t yet because I’m new).

I’m paraphrasing but…
“The market is like the tide and you’re a surfer. You have zero control over it and all you can do is wait for the wave and then ride it.”

6 Likes

Also a nice quote/paraphrase!

If 95%+ of people lose money, it’s good to think act and behave differently. Your approach should not be approved by the majority!

2 Likes

I think trading is exactly like weight loss…

You know what you have to do… but you never do it…

When you do it… you do it for some time… then greed kicks in and you’re back to spot one…

You risk too much… is like you go on a strict diet… you loose weight or make profit… but the moment you make a mistake you suddenly bounce back (rebound diet… where your weight is more than your initial weight… or your losses are greater that your profits)

Best approach to trading… is best approach to loosing weight… slow and steady wins… with a cheat meal (stop loss hit, that you just accept ) every now and then…

In trading like in weight loss… patience is the key

I think you get the point Loooolz!!

1 Like

This is a marathon not a sprint
I probably use this ad nauseum lol

This is my best quote and always motivates me whenever I read it - “ Focus on the process of becoming a patient and disciplined trader and the profits will follow”.

1 Like

“Some people says trading is dangerous. I say investing in anything without knowledge is dangerous” This quote I believe best suits to forex trading.

‘Don’t ever make the mistake of believing that market success has to come to you fast. Trade small, stay in the game, persist, and eventually, you’ll reach a satisfying level of proficiency’. This is what I follow while trading.

1 Like

“Confidence is not “I will profit on this trade.” Confidence is "I will be fine if I don’t profit from this trade.”
I really loved this quote and it made my forex trading smooth.

4 Likes