Which strategy helped you to become profitable?

Of course. From a project management perspective that is true. However how would you define your strategy as in the steps you take and the view you have of the market? Do you use a specific indicator or pure price action? If you trade pure price action, do trade it backed by big money flow, support/resistance, etc. Does it make sense?

1 Like

I don’t know ,good idea but maybe if the question was what do successful traders feel, is the biggest factor for success . What do you think ?

1 Like

That is actually a good idea. A good one for a different poll I think. This poll is aimed at the trading strategy.

1 Like

What ones man’s strategy might be a blessing, to another a total disaster .

3 Likes

Better to know which strategies produce profitable traders than to stay with a strategy that gives no consistent profitable results. Psychology and personality can be a factor, but a strategy works or does not work.

1 Like

For me it was consistency. I focused my efforts on one currency pair one, lot size, one time frame, one profit target. Done.

4 Likes

And you just randomly buy and sell with that thought?

So you want me to outline my entire strategy here? lol. What I can post are the actual results. After I had 70 straight wins without any loss in one month I have now stopped counting. Someone once said when trading begins to get boring you are getting there. Go figure.

5 Likes

I am not asking for your strategy lol. I mean is it based on support/resistance, harmonic patterns, institutional trading, btmm or some other strategy there is out there?

1 Like

I already stated that my strategy is based on consistency.

1 Like

All of the profitable strategies are consistent. Otherwise you can not be profitable.

1 Like

You seem confused among other things. Your post specifically asked what is my strategy and now I see you stating you werent asking for my strategy. Seems you are looking for someone to argue with, or is it because I didnt share ALL the details of my strategy with you? lol.

2 Likes

Nice little comaraderi developing between you and SMifx :grinning:

What is the ICT method exactly?

Yes, that makes sense, but it is part of the detail in the plan. The strategy itself is meant to define, at the highest level, how Objectives you set to achieve Goals, are to be addressed. In a corporate sense, Goals are stuff that officers of the corporation are supposed to set themselves in the long term that differentiate themselves from others in the same business sector. They form part of the “vision”. I know this is really old fashioned business speak, but it is surprising how many very big companies still use this framework around which to define and approve high level plans that prioritize those projects most likely to achieve objectives in the shortest timeframe with the largest return on investment. Someone always has to create a set of assumptions that make all objectives comparable, and the yardstick in use is the value of base currency in which the corporation reports to its shareholders.

An example. If the goal is to reach “zero deaths from business operations”, the amount of funds available to achieve such an objective may be expressed in the value of insurance premiums that will NOT need to be paid as compensation for death at work. That is a substantial business driver in primary extraction industries and has lead to some dramatic improvements in lives lost over the years.

1 Like

It seems you are not willing to share even 1% of what your trading is based on. Going so far as saying I am looking for someone to argue with, but can not even say ( superficially ) what tools you are using in your trades. Typical behaviour which adds no value at all. I rest my case.

2 Likes

I find your thought process very interesting. I like how you handle forex like a corporation.

Supply and demand is the key to any forex. If you know how to get that your trading is 80% complete!

The strategy which I have found most profitable by far is long-term trend-following. Previously I was a swing trader and before that I traded any and all chart patterns I could find. But no matter what I did I found that taking a trade which went with the prevailing long-term trend was more likely to initially move in my direction and more likely to continue in that direction.

Trend-following is often seen as having the disadvantage that trends don’t continue for ever. This is facile: neither do any signals, nor any patterns, nor any fundamental entry rationales.

Its important to recognise that trend-following frequently offers the opportunity to increase position size at no additional risk.

7 Likes

Thank you for the compliment.

Many years ago I mentally filed a disturbing statistic about UK startups. After one year, only 20% of them are still in business. Of those 20%, only 20% are still in business after five years. So that means 96% of them failed.

And that stat assumes that most of them would have at least made a rudimentary outline strategy and plan, and that they would have tried to do a sales and cost forecast with a profit and loss statement, and if surviving more than one year, an asset and liability sheet - in short - business accounts.

What concerns me about many Forex traders (or investors) that I have met over the years is that they do not have a quantitative plan. So no wonder (as it is often said) that 99% can never make enough money for the time invested in Forex to make a living. If you don’t have a profit plan, how do you know whether your time invested in Forex trading has been worthwhile?

5 Likes