Who has a bonsai hobby?

it was long time ago as a KId but right now it looks boring.

Not my hobby but I have always admired them.

But I could imagine that,as a hobby, it could instill some very relevant attributes for traders, too:

Attention to detail, methodical, learning techniques, constant attention, focus, patience, consistency, learning from failure - and reaping the joys of success from the beauty of one’s own personal achievement! :smiley:

You are absolutely right, also discipline. I must say. I haven’t been long in this journey, but thus far it has been rewarding. It is exiting when new buds form, and you can see you are on the right path with your soil and fertilizer. I haven’t started the training stage yet, I have about 40 cuttings or air/ground layerings planted. So far about half of them have successfully taken. Here in SA we are getting ready for winter, so next season I will be able to start training on them. Can’t wait.

I guess you have to keep those dogs well away from them! :smiley:

Are you planning to start selling these as a kind of paying hobby? I think they fetch a good price? -even though there is a lot of time and energy spent on growing them!

Dogs? Haha. Yeah, made a outside kind of shelf with old timber and cinder blocks. Yes, eventually I want to be able to sell them. The price doesn’t always pay for the labor/fertilizer/soil. And since I only start now, they are not anything near the age of high paying trees.
My plan is to eventually have +/- 500 plants perhaps in a green house. Not really to supplement income, but more as a hobby I would like to master. Currently I only have a few different plants that I sourced in my yard. There are still hundreds I would like to have…

1 Like

Haha, I can barely keep a regular plant alive, especially with the cat in the house. But I deeply admire the people who do this.

now i am thinking to continue about this , it was my past hobby

…What happened to the bonsai?