Who is a mentor in here?

Thanks for your comment. Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by each mentor having their own specialty? Are you referring to mentors specializing in different trading strategies, markets, or something else? Any additional insights would be appreciated!

Haha, youā€™ve got a sharp eye! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But nope, no AI here, just a fellow trader trying to join in on the conversation. Thanks for keeping things lively!

Looking for mentors is an invitation for scammers to be in touch with you. I think they wonā€™t show up here because that will get them in trouble with babypips.

Donā€™t worry OscarR123, THE_GOATE wasnā€™t refereeing to your post.

They were referring to robinroy, and I kinda understand why they said it. robinroy does appear to just repost stuff others have already posted and the analysis they post appears to be copied and several hours old, so pretty useless. But thats just from what Iā€™ve observed, robinroy might be legit but misunderstood.

you said that mentors are not needed??? how do you learn more and more then? :crazy_face:

are you a mentor???

thanks pauley1. yeah i was wondering take this personal. i found this place wonderful to ask an learn more with you and from you guys nothing more.

hi Oscar,

a suggestion: make sure, if looking for a mentor, that itā€™s someone whoā€™s already where you want to be, and whose primary income is actually from trading and not from mentoring

take care to avoid the potential trap of accepting mentoring from anyone without checking up on and verifying the benefits of their mentoring from previous mentees, and without relying on references prepared by the mentor: in trading forums and especially on Youtube thereā€™s a lot of history of people promoting mentoring, and most of them are only doing so because itā€™s a much easier way for them to earn a living than trading would be

they often sound really convincing but that doesnā€™t mean they can actually trade well, and in fact it actually suggests the opposite, given how much better better paid successful trading is than mentoring

hereā€™s an old Futures Magazine article by Kevin Davey, which is very relevant in this context:-

http://www.futuresmag.com/2016/01/27/beware-cult-personality

Thank you for your suggestion and insights regarding finding a trading mentor. Itā€™s important to choose someone who has achieved the desired level of success and primarily earns from trading

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear! Itā€™s always important to acknowledge and appreciate our own capabilities

I learned the basics here and some others elsewhere. i also watch videos on youtube. I continuously learn from trading.

Is it possible for you to mention those useful YouTube channels here?
thanks in advance.

I am the mentor of your mentor, the one and only Ghost in the machine, the engineer behind the Interbank price delivery, ā€¦

Noooooooot! Just kidding!

What you need dudeā€¦ weā€™re here to help.

Why are you searching for mentors? Do you want any suggestion from them?

Thatā€™s truly impressiveā€¦ or should I say, ā€œimpressiveā€ with air quotes
You reminds me of Zlatan Ibrahimović, when someone aksed" why arenā€™t on the wall yet?"
he said:" you know why? coz they still donā€™t know how God is looking." haha
thanks for your kind words.

I wanna know are people here using them ?
do them find them useful? if so I am searching for some serious help.

I Will only give you one adviceā€¦

Dont waste your time looking for the best strategyā€¦

All strategies workā€¦ take the most basic strategy you can find in babyschool or whereverā€¦ who cares? And start trading.

Iā€™m telling youā€¦ ALL absolutely all, even the shittiest strategy also worksā€¦

You only need to remember ā€¦

1. If price goes against youā€¦ Close the trade
  2. If price goes in your favourā€¦ DONT take profitā€¦ ā€¦ keep riding the trend and even open more positions, until it starts to look like itā€™s REALLY turning the other way around. Dont Chicken out in any minor retracement

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
.Itā€™s true that having a strategy and taking action is more important than endlessly searching for the ā€œperfectā€ strategy.

Who is a mentor in here?

ā€œA mentor is an individual who acts as an adviser or coach for a less experienced or advanced mentee.ā€

Going by that definition I guess practically everyone on here is a mentor, since we are all offering advice and doing some form of coaching.