Who is using Pepperstone MT4?

Hey, thanks for any input in advance.

I’m currently just putting a lot of time into education while running a demo account with Pepperstone using MT4 platform. I really am only running with a position or 2 at a time as I just get a grasp on how everything works.

I’m starting to think ahead and into what broker I would like to use and I see a lot of discussion regarding scams etc. Some of the bad reviewing is possibly down to bad trading and experience rather than the broker scamming them one could assume. Has anyone had much experience with Pepperstone? I’m based in Australia and I see they are an ASIC member which is a good start! After I signed up to a demo account I received calls and emails from an advisor I guess you would call him. He was fairly full on and sort of made it sound as if I would need to add funds to a account in order to keep things going long term as the demo lasted 30 days. After I explained I wasn’t ready for this as I would rather be more educated first. He did then tell me I could keep signing up to the 30 day demo and just start fresh which is fine for me! He has also since been very helpful with any questions which is good.

Would be great to hear anyone elses experience on this broker.

I have bad experience with this broker. I don’t recommend it to people that I know. I don’t think it is a scam by the way since this broker accepts Paypal but then there’s a few bad comments about Pepperstone in FPA. My feedback is also in that page.

Pepperstone | Forex Brokers Reviews | Forex Peace Army

I would go for forex brokers which always answer customer complaints and explain their situation rather than leaving them just like that.

Yeah very mixed reviews but the time I have spent reading reviews there always seems to be a large mixture. If you don’t mind me asking what broker are you using ATM?

XM - So far so good.
Myfxchoice - Favorite at the moment since it offers lower leverage. I don’t like high leverage.

Since you in ozstra-la bro, go have a look at IC Markets or IG. It all comes down to personal needs. If you are lucky enough to have the funds look at Interactive Brokers.

I’m with IC markets until I get my capital back up. Haven’t got a bad word to say about them. Personally, I would be cautious of any broker harassing you for funds. And a 30-day demo is the abnorm these days.

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;776942”]Since you in ozstra-la bro, go have a look at IC Markets or IG. It all comes down to personal needs. If you are lucky enough to have the funds look at Interactive Brokers. I’m with IC markets until I get my capital back up. Haven’t got a bad word to say about them. Personally, I would be cautious of any broker harassing you for funds. And a 30-day demo is the abnorm these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah awesome thanks for your input. I’ll look at both and I see they both utilise MT4 which is what I’m familiar with.

Pepperstone is based in Australia… so not sure how you can go wrong