Who offers MT4 micro account? alpari?

hi,
i’m a newbie… bored of trading with play money and want to open a micro account… can afford about USD 600 to start off
(i’m sure you’ve all heard this a hundred times before)

i have used metatrader 4 (for practice accounts) and like it.

can you guys please recommend a broker which offers MT4 micro accounts?
i had a look at fxcm - they offer MT4 standard accounts but they use a different program (which i didn’t like) for micro accounts.

Alpari appears to offer MT4 micro accounts?
is alpari a reputable firm? should i sign up with them?
or can anyone recommend a better firm to sign up with?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
adriahn

with that much money invested I would suggest going with Oanda. I use it and really like it. You can go as small as 1 unit. Standard account is 100,000 units and mini is 10,000 and micro is 1000.

Their charts suck but just use a metatrader demo for all your chart work and put your trades in through Oanda. Works great for me.

thanks for the advice … but

sounds like a pain in the ass … and you could lose a bit of profit due to lag right?

i reckon i’ll probably sign up an account with alpari … they have MT4 micro accounts. can anyone put in a good word (or criticisms) for alpari to give me some idea of what they are like?

cheers,

adriahn

Using MT4 & Oanda is not hard IF you are using TFs of 15M or higher - I’ve done it. But for strictly MT4 I suggest IBFX and they are very helpful if needed (toll free in the US)

I recommend IBFX also. No actual micro account, but a mini can be traded with 0.1 or 0.01 lots.

I have a Live Account with Alpari (almost one year).

They have good spreads and excellent stability in his platform.

You can trade the news very well and scalp too.

Lots from 0.01 (1 K)

Be patient and have a lot of care with the administration of your money and of the risk

Good Luck.

Regards

Live account with IBFX for two days. Everthing has gone smooth so far. Wired in my deposit, funding was quick. Same day as wire, in fact. No, minimum. Their live customer chat support is very helpful.

With them you can adjust your pip value to the second decimal… .10, .12. , .17 .50. ect. So, it makes it very easy to size up or down and adjust your money management.

I wouldn’t recommend IBFX. I had a demo account there and it worked good up to a point where it wasn’t connecting at all, then I was told that they’re constantly rebooting their systems so I went to Tradeviewforex and It has happened an excellent way of learning for a newbie. Trade well

LOL, you wouldn’t recommend them because your demo account wouldn’t connect?! You do know that IBFX is very popular and their demo accounts servers are flooded with demo traders, many of which will never go live, right?

What time were you demoing? Probably in the afternoon/evening hours when most of the demo traders have the time?

Now if that happened to you live that would hold some weight.

I have spoken with IBFX about this, and while there are occasional connection problems with demo accounts, it’s because there are only 2 servers max. Live accounts have much greater redundancy and I have never had a connection issue with my live account.

hi all am new here, the forums looking good :slight_smile:

sndrsndvz