Who’s trading education do you follow?

When learning to trade why do people think they can just learn from anyone and be successful?

As with any other skill shouldn’t we seek to learn trading from someone who has been successful and working in the industry?

You wouldn’t try to learn to drive a car from a child whose only experience in driving is playing Mario Kart.

And if you want to learn to fly an airplane you would get a teacher who’s only experience is playing Microsoft Flight Simulator, instead you would go to a flight training school and learn from an instructor with hundreds or even thousands of hours flying experience.

Similarly when you began your career in whatever job you do your boss didn’t tell you to watch YouTube and learn from a random person on YouTube, instead a senior person in the company showed you what to do.

Why then do people treat the task of learning to trade any different from any other skill? Shouldn’t we seek someone to teach us who has proven professional experience?

I would even caution against learning from the free BabyPips course.

As for me, I have no professional trading experience so don’t try following me. Hence personally I have found mentors with professional experience. What you learn from someone like these professionals is really eye opening and radically different from what you can learn anywhere else.

i follow Raynar teo and personally i love his job
he talks simple and is a lovely person and he proved his talent

I don’t follow anyone because even if they are profitable traders most are poor at teaching.

Professional and proven experience is very helpful and lends credibility, but the ability to actually teach is what makes someone capable of transferring knowledge in a manner that the student can receive it, process it, retain it, and apply it.

There are many successful traders that have poor communication skills and are not able to effectively teach or adapt to the learning style of the student.

If I want someone to trade for me, I would go with a proven professional trader. If I want to learn something I would go with a teacher that has proven to have taught others that have gone onto have success.