Who says trading without a stop loss is stupid? Find out why this guy thinks it’s not!

Can you link us to that little piece of info please ?:smiley:

His strategy I’m referring too is his use of not using SLs & it works for his style of trading.

Again are you literally not reading my comment or … ?

Did I ever indicate stop hunting is a fallacy? Again @Barrigan typed the big players are hunting SLs and I want some clarification.

It’s that simple. But thanks for your valued input. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you could wait. At that point you are essentially gambling (badly) and no longer playing in the market intelligently. There is a difference between entering a position based off a tested strategy and waiting patiently versus buying and holding bags praying for it to go to the price you set. No matter how good your strategy is eventually it doesn’t work. If you buy into positions and don’t have any way to mitigate risk or an exit plan it is impossible to become a successful trader in the long run.

1 Like

Many articles on stop hunting are freely available on the internet, investopedia have a good one which also warns you about placing your stops at round numbers ( human nature ).

1 Like

Sure, here you go.

Deposits: $4,225
Live Equity: $2,853

Total live P&L as a % of deposits… ready? -48% (it was over -60% last week)

So yea, don’t use a Stop Loss kids…urghhh, i’m out of here.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/rrram2/stephen/2697091

Edit: You’ll see the -48% on the table to the left next to “Equity” - it takes into account actual deposits and account growth/decline. Using this assumption, a bonus was used which has now been removed form margin.

2 Likes

I think ypu may not be understanding all the figures here - for example ;
"Gain ; +77.17 % "

Yes at the moment he is heavily into “Drawdown” - but “drawdown” is something he celebrates - since it means he is actively “in the market” and in his terms

“Drawdown does NOT equal loss” - because he does not accept losses !

This is simply not as easy as the binary betting which we are constantly esposed to and as such is desreving of a significant lump of time in trying to understand ! (in my Opinion - fo course)

1 Like

Oh Falstaff, please, don’t try and suggest floating drawdown means nothing - that is the ultimate risk. Can we be realistic here, for the sake of people reading this.

His floating drawdown has been growing and growing - it’s just a matter of time. I’ll come back and remind you of this when he hides his account (for obvious reasons)

and if he closed his account right now, what would he have?

He’d have his EQUITY.

Growth means NOTHING when your carrying such substantial losses.

EQUITY = CASH

He’s down -48% right now if he closed everything - it’s as simple as that.

1 Like

I am happy to confirm that I do not buy and hold bags… Not my style.

1 Like

You cannot know that - without understanding his strategy - which you already said you did !

Semantics - yes you said -

If you disagree -please explain why so ? - If you agree - what are you blathering on about ? :rofl:

1 Like

“Drawdown does NOT equal loss” - because he does not accept losses!”

Doesn’t matter if he accepts it or not he is still down 48% .

1 Like

Precisely so ! - and your point is that any time you have a bet running - you shouldn’t ? I suspect you have no knowledge of his system at all and thus are only viewing it as a binary betting system - I do not know th guy and certainly do not understand his whole system, but I think I probably understand the basics a way better than you do ! :smiley:

Again are you mental or something? Why are you answering something that wasn’t directed towards you? I mean I understand your on the rram bandwagon but again I’m not asking for @falstaff opinion. I can’t say I agree or disagree since @Barrigan never truly answered his own point. Stop the back & forth mate.

Now you can play in your drawdown tent with rram or something because surely you seem to know more about rram then we do.

oh right, now that does surprise me as you’re in his Discord chat room, which he runs.

Do I need to provide a screen shot of that too or can we just stop with the snake oil.

Edit: Yep, there’s some people lurking in there dormant just watching and waiting - I have all the screenshots I need, if required, so you can now inform him should you like too.

Next time, try not to call yourself Falstaff in multiple forums

Excuse me ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sorry I come from a time when a discussion was a muliti participant event aimed at seeking truth - not some beligerant prick waving comtest ! :wink:

Tough titty !

If Sir John has an opinion, he will let it be known ! especially if it is defence of one who appears to be getting picked on unfairly - like it or lump it !

1 Like

Certainly I was invited some time back and went there - show me a screenshot of anything I have posted there ?

What the F*** ? Are yo usome sort of vigilante " @Rrram2 hunter " ? :rofl:

Do you understand how silly what you have typed sounds ?

Sure, it’s like all my Xmas’s have come at once tonight.

It was great chatting, I hope the conversation stays up, i’ve tried my upmost to remain civil and polite.

What point are you requiring an answer to?

" Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed "

Yes that’s how a discussion works I’m glad you understand that at least. You know how quotes work as well. If you didn’t make the statement why would I need you to answer it? Picking on him? Is that what you were reading? I wanted clarification from what he said that is all. Did it ever happen to him, did he personally see this, how do you trade not using SLs? I am asking because I personally don’t trade that way and would like to hear someones insight into that. I never said anything condescending towards @Barrigan. You felt the need to interject yourself in a question I’m asking towards @Barrigan. Regardless of all your nitpicking & hollering I still didn’t get to truly hear @Barrigan opinion other then checking out some sites about stop hunting. He said the comment so I want his opinion on why he personally feels that way. I’ve been trading for years with Oanda (market makers) and never felt my SLs being hunted so I’d like to hear his story on why he feels otherwise.

**NOT SAYING STOP HUNTING DOESN’T EXIST I JUST WANT TO HEAR HIS PERSONAL OPINION ON IT!

Now that you’ve made me go on this long ridiculous tangent just to hear his opinion from his PERSONAL experience with trading using or not using SLs.

I sincerely do not understand your position on this - but I’m happy if I have improved your life in such a way :sunglasses:

Personally I just find the child - like effusiveness your little group are exhibiting rather tawdry :smiley: