Who will be Japan's new prime minister?

After PM Abe’s resignation, I wonder who will be Japan’s new prime minister. :open_mouth: But one thing’s for sure. It wouldn’t be an easy year for whoever will take over. :confused:

ex PM considered himself as a person who not able to continue due to sickness , it sounds not regular and general ,

And he was actually the most successful PM of Japan till date. God bless the world.

Abe resigned? How did I miss this.

I guess there’s more to it. :open_mouth: Not much information on the sickness has been disclosed, but he visited the hospital twice and deemed himself unfit to lead the country. :open_mouth: He said that he didn’t want the Japanese people to worry about his health and how this would affect his leadership. :open_mouth:

Interesting! :smiley: Looks like there are already 3 qualified people running for the position. :open_mouth: I guess for now we just have to see how everything unfolds. :slight_smile:

I don’t really know much about other PMs of Japan so :sweat_smile: But I think he was certainly a good leader. :blush: His government also had a good relationship with my country and I hope his successor also values this relationship. :open_mouth:

That’s unexpected of you! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: But yeah, it’s been over a week since his resignation.

1 Like

Truth be told, Japan switches its prime ministers like a person switches their socks, at some point I just stopped keeping track altogether, haha.

Really? :smiley: Haha. I didn’t know about that probably because Abe has been the prime minister ever since I started to care. :sweat_smile: Hahaha.

If you check the past 20 years things become a bit more clear. I’ve been following the news for a little less than that, at some point I gave up. :smiley:

1 Like

Yoshihide Suga has become Japan’s Prime Minister. He was serving as Abe’s Chief Cabinet Secretary and head Government Spokesperson.

1 Like

Oh yeahhh! :open_mouth: Haha. I just checked it out and there were even some PMs who served for just a little over a year? :open_mouth: That’s interesting. :open_mouth: I might need to do some more reading to know why.

Yeah. :smiley: Taking over during this pandemic is definitely challenging. :confused:

Yes. That was about when I stopped following who was taking the position. :joy: