Who's in here is TRULY profitable?

Who ask “how much money people are making”?

Seriously, who? WHO???

NO ONE!

tymen1, please, don’t post in this thread anymore. All your posts are a real waste of time.

And you still didn’t answer to my question to you. Have you even read it???

You know what? I don’t care, just go away.

Thanks.

[B]Ding! Ding! Ding![/B]

Maybe she should have asked “Who is making and keeping pips?”. After all that is the definition of profitable trading in FOREX isn’t it?

Be “profitable” = “making and keeping pips”

This is the exact same thing.

Yes. That’s why I said it. Tymen1 seems to prefer talking about it in terms of “pips”. So if the discussion is about who is “making and keeping pips?” I cannot see why that would be an issue to ANYONE here. That is THE ENTIRE point of this site. It’s not a personal question. Everyone here has a high degree of anonymity.

again, be “profitable” = “making and keeping pips”

This is the exact same thing.

Since there’s not difference what’s the big deal? The question is not about money, it’s about been profitable. And what is “be profitable” here? That’s right, making and keeping pips.

I do concur.

Greetings y�all

This is a great forum and it�s wonderful to see experienced fx traders giving their guidance to the young ones.

I bought some USD denominated stocks about 3 months ago and noticing the drop in the USD, I decided to open a fx trading account to hedge that risk. Soon, I got very interested and started to look at other currencies and trading them. I started to do more reading and research and came across this fabulous forum.

I made a gain of about 15% last month, which was pretty good by my standard. However, my trading style was pretty dangerous, no stop loss, no target profit, just basically monetizing my view on a particular currency.
Now, here comes the question. Say I have a view, that GBP is gonna rise and USD is collapsing, and I will go long on GBP/USD. Now, I know that some of the more experienced guys here can collect tenths or even hundreds of pips per week. I am wondering, which would be better, trading regularly and collecting those pips or to �invest� for a long time (say 1 year) and collect hundreds or even thousands of pips.

My point is, does frequent trading really beat long term investment? I have looked at my gain last month, and I realized that I could probably have made more had I just invested that amount (on leverage) instead of trading in and out of it. For example, if I have a view that GBP is gonna appreciate by 10% by next year, I could�ve applied 10x leverage and gain a 100% ROI by the end of next year. Would I be able to do the same if I were to trade in and out of it?

I would appreciate if you could share your view, on trading vs long term investing. Thank you. I seriously believe that this could be an avenue for supplemental income on a constant basis, however, my quick calculation last night on this made me a little doubtful. Please enlighten me!

lol. And in this corner, weighing in at 265 lbs…

I find this thread very inspiring and makes me want to do better…
sharing success stories always tells us that YES we can also succed…

This is a very helpful thread for as we all know trading is realy very hard…
and this is some kind of a moral boost to all aspiring succesful traders…

Who says that its mandatory to divulge info?
share what you want… ONLY WHAT YOU WANT…
IT IS TOTALY UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO SHARE OR NOT ! !

some points that were raised were not needed in the first place…

Agree - good thread .
My 1st time posting on babypips forums even though been registered a few months now & I thought this thread was as good a place to start as any .

Started messing around with Forex last year after dabbling in shares so decided to open an account with Oanda (due mainly to the interest gained on deposit). Im still messing around , trialing systems that will (hopefully)work for me and only with interest thats been credited so technically you could say Im in profit still (must be all of �13 :slight_smile: ). It seems an interesting road this FOREX lark and though it may be long I think that as long as I keep some discipline then it could well be fun too.

As for Oanda , as mentioned before , the interest on deposit is a plus for me as is the fact that there is no minimum trade size & as I dont tend to jump in with trades at news time then my orders are filled pretty much as specified. I’ve only had to use their helpdesk once (bloody java updates !!) and they were pretty helpful too so from my point of view , I’d recommend them for noobs

Good luck to all in trading endeavours…

Well said…my answer

A: Yes