Who's your broker? / Best broker

Hey guys,

I’ve been live for a few months now and have been doing quite well. I’m beginning to increase my trade sizes and now realize just how much every pip counts. I currently use Oanda and am discovering that their spreads are quite large in comparison to other companies. Especially during news, I’ve seen the spreads increase to over 20+ pips and it’s ridiculous. So my question is: Who is the best forex broker?? And yes, I know there are plenty of other threads discussing the same thing but I have not found any recent ones and would like some fresh input.

Thanks!

I live in the U.S. as well…

The best brokers for US clients I think are ATC, MB Trading, FXCM and I think FinFX takes US clients still. I’m not sure how much you’re trading but these are all good for $10k+. Good fills, spreads, etc.

I would appreciate a good explanation of 'why you think the mentioned brokers are good for $10k plus.

Let me give you my list of favorite brokers:

The two Big guys I would prefer are
Oanda
FXCM

My two favorite Offshore brokers are
Hotforex
Profiforex

Sometimes it’s better to opt for offshore broker, cuz US brokers take advantage of their status and often change trading conditions in their favor, for example increasing spreads as in case with TS. I also have account in hotforex and sometimes I really feel happy that I am not from USA, as this broker doesn’t allow USA traders.

That is sad. I never knew they do not accept US clients. I thought they did some time ago.

Dear rjegabbi,

thank you for the post; as you say, there are several other threads on this topic, and what I see is that there is no hard-and-fast rule in choosing a broker. Did you read the relevant section of BabyPips school on the matter?

If you based your selection of a broker on their spreads, you would better be staying with Oanda because their spreads, by and large, are not that different from what one could expect in normal conditions; I hope that you are not judging their spreads by early morning standards or during news events… I would, if I were you, look at spreads during, say, Tuesday to Thursday, 9 - 11am Eastern Time (= 2 - 5pm London (GMT) time), because during greater liquidity you should have spreads around 2 to 3 pips for the Majors, outwith high-impact news release times.

I am with FXCM, for example, and what I value is their dedicated customer service values, which is as important as good spreads and execution speed: they have always replied to my queries and especially the FXCM thread on BabyPips saw all of my queries answered in great detail by the dedicated FXCM employee, Jason Rogers.

It also depends which currencies you trade: Majors, crosses, exotics… Spreads are never going to be an even playing field…

Good luck anyway!

XM markets very good regulated and reliable broker

US based I guess it would be Oanda, but mainly hotforex for offshore. I trade with them mostly!

I don’t think that every week we have to answer about what is best broker bla bla bla.

Instead of this Mods can be create one sticky thread for this.

I use FXDD and a currenex account, the spreads I get on EURUSD can be as low as 0.1 pips at times, it’s lovely :slight_smile:

^
how much deposit for that one? The spread looks very nice.

oanda is very good

You should try GMOtrading
Just a very good broker with a lot of useful functions!
I was using it for a month and had really good profit.

i request for all, without using practically please don’t recommend at any broker , right now lots of broker in online and most of them are found to be scams.

Try to trade with Itrader
It’s one of the best brokers.
I used to trade with them for a long time and everything was okey.
I don’t trade no more, but If I return trading, I will trade only with this one.