Whose fault: mine or my broker's?

I took two trades, xau/usd (buy) and aud/nzd (sell). The broker has a minimum of 50 points SL limit on xauusd and 150 points on audusd (the norm being five decimal points). Remove the fifth decimal point and the required SLs are 5 and 15 pips respectively.

Both trades went on loosing. After a little while I put tailing stops on both. I took audnzd (sell) at 1.11283 and it is trading now at 1.11490. xauusd (buy) was 1290.20 and is now 1264.43.

I am attaching images of both trades, audusd and xauusd. audnzd is losing about 420 points now and xauusd is losing about 2587 points. In terms of four decimal ponits, taking the piplets off, one is losing 42 pips and the other is losing 258 pips.

Now, my question is: Why didn’t these trades hit SLs and stopped out?

( I apologize for the inconvenience if I have asked a very stupid question.)

I can’t see the SL’s which you did put, but there might be slippage but if it’s slippage then it would have stopped at the next price, so Best thing to do is contact the Broker.

Good Luck !!

I agree with Fares92. It is always better to contact some kind of compliance department where you can describe your question and I bet they’ll let you know all the details.

First of all, questions like that should be addressed to the broker support, and then attaching their answer on the forum. Perhaps you misunderstood something, and support would’ve explained everything.

If you have really placed an S/L on your trade, then you should contact your broker about what happened to the trade. Now if they were not able to give you a good explanation, then they must have manipulated your trade. That’s the problem with market makers. :frowning:

This problem occurred in September 2014. I expect he’s resolved it by now.

2 Likes

Hehehehe, now that’s comedy

The Ever Expecting VIPER