Why does my trade cause a reaction

Ok, you’re hellbent on the market being rigged against you.
Step 1. Just team up with a friend. It can’t move both ways right?
Step 2. You open a trade in one direction and he open in the opposite. Whatever you place as an order get your friend to double it in the opposite direction.
Step 3. - Profit.
At the end of the day share the profits.

@TheRegulator Did you try to consult them about this? Maybe there are some trading “styles” which they don’t tolerate. If your broker has nothing do with it, then you need to know that this situation is not on purpose and against you but it’s a normal market move. Each and evreyone of us has experienced the same. It’s not easy to predict the market moves especially by using that small time frame. Your trading strategy has a role here as well. Why don’t you try with a bigger time frame and a long term order? If I were you, I would experiment different styles to monitor the market behaviour (but it would be better to use demo account first).

2 Likes

This happens mainly because of the sudden huge transactions that are carried out at this same time based on an economic event like an important news.

It could be the broker. That or you’re falling for the bankers and market maker cheap tricks.

There are traders placing orders using every timeframe. Each timeframe has it’s own wave of price action. While the 5-minute time frame may be showing an upward move in price action, the 1-minute time frame may be on a downward move. But, since you are using the 30-second and smaller time frames for entry and confirmation, then the reversals are likely due to the fact that many other traders also see what you are seeing, and the huge influx of buy orders is causing the valuation to depreciate temporarily, then reverse thereafter.

If you are unable to profit because you are panic-selling or getting stopped out etc., then you might re-evaluate your position size, stop-loss and/or entry point etc., so that you have more room to work with and more flexibility. You can also ladder your buys so that you make additional buys as the price drops, allowing you to get better entry points, in lieu of placing a single order, assuming you are confident with your strategy.

glad this isnt just me, i have a great knack for it.

The markets just don’t like you and want you to be sad :frowning:

It’s part of the game, will never go in one direction forever unfortunately.

So more buyers/sellers would cause market to go opposite direction, is that right?

Depends. If you are trading breakouts, some traders may think that resistance will hold, so they may short the market. My comment should have read ‘sell orders’, but I was sleep-deprived when I wrote that.

Anyway, if you are using a very short time-frame to determine your entries, then that could also be causing the reversal, since the move will be much weaker. You can try using a higher time-frame for your entry and something like stoch rsi or similar to time it better. I find that using the MACD histogram in conjunction with stoch rsi works well.

Market does not stop at all. It is our mentality and focus which make us feel that market changes quickly after we place a trade. This is a psychological aspect of trading which is needed to be overcome quickly for getting success on the forex market. Am I right?

The smart money knows where to push the price to create a predictable response from most retail traders.

The simple answer is that you have been mislead in to taking a position to create liquidity for the smart money to get in and out at a profit.

its ok, the market seldom moves in ones favor immediately but you should work towards being accurate. What I mean by this is entering and exiting the market at favorable prices at favorable times. Everyone needs a margin for error though. this is why its important to define your risk first and set a stop loss.

Have you ever wondered why so many people fail at this even though there is so much information out there explaining how to do it?

Have you ever wondered why most people cant get technical analysis to work consistently for them so they can profit despite the untold number of books written on the subject?

Hahahahaha…

show a man a cloud and ask him what he sees. Instead of seeing a cloud, he will tell you he sees a heart or a horse or a castle in the sky…

When you look at a chart, you should try to determine where stop losses might be clustered and where most traders are likely to enter trades and in which direction. Then consider doing the opposite when the price reaches there. You can bet that price will most likely go there and we know that most traders are wrong and lose money.

The price moves in the same direction for everyone. You can check any third party price feed to see that. Blaming the broker wont help you.