Why fxcm sometimes dont work stop loss

its because the server is slow
and so many people registered in the broker

sometimes you cant change stop loss or limit dont
they say error can execute

and maybe you want to close position but dont work
and the limit profit sometimes dont trigger

its because slow server

I’ve never actually had problems with them but I have heard others complaining of similar things. Thing is I’ve heard similar stories about every broker out there, I am yet to find one with 100% positive feedback

Hi Sam,

I checked with our technical support team, and I haven’t heard of any of these problems being reported. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I would be happy to help.

In particular for market orders when you are trying to close a position, please be aware of the Order Type feature which can be set to either Market Range or At Best. See the image below:

Market Range: If market range is selected, you can enter a range of prices you’re willing to accept. For example, in the image I entered 2. This means if liquidity is no longer available at the price you clicked on, the order will then attempt to fill at the best price within a 2 pip range of where you clicked. If there is nothing within 2 pips, the order will be rejected entirely. So you can control slippage, but the order could be rejected if liquidity is not available. In short: more price certainty, less execution certainty.

At Best: This type of order will fill at the best price available. So your order will always execute, but it could incur slippage. So less price certainty, but more execution certainty.

A stop loss order will always trigger and execute if the price is touched since it is an At Best market order. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I would be happy to help.

-Jason

Hey Jason, are you aware of any potential future updates for candles in the works for the FXCM iphone app?
It is awesome to be able to control my trades away from the my computer, but of course the app is limited in what you can do and see, although it is still the best out there.

that’s the thing, it will happen with every broker from time to time.

Hi kblaze,

I’m not aware of any potential updates to the charts for the iphone app unfortunately. So you may be waiting for a while. I would suggest trying the charting on the DailyFX mobile website version instead. Here’s the direct link which you should access from your mobile device: DailyFX Charts .

Sorry to disappoint.

-Jason

:frowning: but, thanks for the link!