Why I Am Leaving Babypips

But aren’t you also now piling in with yours :cold_face:

Exactly! Except the OP felt the need to write a whole post about it. I think it’s fair game for people to reply just as how we’re both doing so now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi all. I am new, and obviously have not had the expreience of many in here. My first reaction was the lack of activity in the forums, as I posted earlier the EURUSD section had not had a post since Sep 23. 4 months ago. If bots were roaming, would there not have been posts in the biggest pair section? Again, newbie here.

1 Like

lol, That’s a good one :+1:

EDIT: As a rule, I never get involved in political or religious debates, and I did, and it was one of my biggest regrets. slowly removing myself from that chaos

1 Like

There is no pilling on here, you should expect to get feedback when you start a thread in a public forum, and not all feedback will be favorable to you. Toughen up.

2 Likes

imagen

I’ve seen some posts that look like they’re from fake accounts or bots, but I just flag them for admin and move on. Or I’ll make a funny comment here and there, in response. It’s nothing that bothers me enough to change my impression of babypips.

This forum is great!

4 Likes

Everyone who looks has. Sometimes as many as 20 posts in an hour. As explained right here.

I’m not Maria FP, by the way. I know nothing about her. I’m not even the member she refers to at the end of her post, but I definitely share the concerns she commented on. As do many others, obviously. I’m glad she said what she did (and more articulately than I could have done).

Of course I acknowledge that @Trendswithbenefits , @SmallPaul and others make perfectly reasonable points above, too. As I’d expect (apart from the time SmallPaul once very mysteriously accused me of being someone called Paula, who I’m also not, and who I also don’t even know, lol!).

You’re so silly to think I’ll believe this. I won’t be surprised if you continue to complain about the forums and then proceed to post a departure announcement. Also won’t be surprised if you’ve in fact already created another account (!!!) already posting about how this place sucks.

Let’s be real, if this place sucks so much, why are you still here?

2 Likes

When you joined the site, no one stood in your way. Now you have politely said BP is obnoxious with your grievances spelled out to justify your departure no one will stand in your way. I have been a member for many years. I knew the time babypips changed from their old look to the current one. I will continue to be a member as long as there is babypips and God willing. The love I have for the community blinds me to the imperfections of its operations. Babypips has had, and continues to have, a large scale ripple impact in the world of forex trading that their unwavering commitment to your development cannot be denied. By being a member, it is one of the ways I express my appreciation for their free services and free tools of learning. Expressing dissatisfaction at something is one thing, but hanging onto that dissatisfaction as your reason to discontinue your membership is just not tenable especially where the issue in question is not something that obstructs your participation and discussions, does not threaten you in any way, and it is just one of those things we have to put up with as a reality in our cyberspace. Wish you greener pastures at whatever forum you decide to pitch your tent.

7 Likes

This, exactly.

3 Likes

What are the general consensus on this topic?

1. A major problem that has affected your membership.

2. A minor problem that does not affect your membership in any way.

3. You don’t see or hear the problems the OP mentions.

1 Like

I’m sure the people (mostly now listed as “Anon123456xyz” and similar names) who have left over the last few years for these exact reasons, often saying so at the time, will all rejoin the forum just to answer you.

Clever question. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I’m in between with this issue being 2. A minor problem and 3. Not seeing the problem.

It doesn’t directly impact my use of the site and I haven’t received inbox spam from it.
I’m somewhat desensitized to low quality content so I don’t scrutinize posts that closely as I scroll past them.

Let’s be honest, many real people create low quality posts that are better suited to be a search query or add very little value in this era of social media grade written content where complete sentences are a lost art.

However, if it drives away the real members that add value to the community, the result is an indirect but major impact on the utility of this community.

2 Likes

Is @maria_fp actually @Pipsteroid and are they both @flamingoproxy?

This disgruntled member seems to be obsessed with this forum and can’t leave it while claiming to leave it.

It’s possible that @WeRideAtDawn is also another account created by this disgruntled member.

What’s more likely?

One person has been behind this campaign to get the moderators to do something about the bots and click farms.

Or it’s an incredible coincidence that these four accounts have been zealous about this issue for the past few months since flamingoproxy said goodbye.

Either way it creates good engagement and entertainment that no bot or click farm can ever reproduce. :laughing:

5 Likes

Omg that’s the third member I’ve been alluding to in my previous posts!!! I didn’t want to “accept” it because @flamingoproxy was so nice to me and I did enjoy our conversations but towards the end he did sound extra disgruntled and also wrote a goodbye post.

For a while I thought I was going crazy thinking I was the only one who could see this pattern lol.

If this is indeed the case though (which I 99% think it is), it’s a lot of effort to be maintaining several accounts just to make a point that this place sucks. Straight pettiness but hey, this could also be a source of entertainment for this person.

3 Likes

Hey, if this is true then I’m okay with that, as long as one of them sticks around because I value good trading advice.

But now I’m starting to wonder who I am. Could I also be @flamingoproxy, or perhaps I’m @ponponwei!

2 Likes

You’re right. It doesn’t take much to amuse small minds.

I think you’re all ICT.

5 Likes

I’ve seen lots of ppl leave over the years, some banned, some giving no reason, some (I’d guess most) realizing that the market is not a money making machine.

BP is a business, and the shock is that it has to make a profit - else it won’t continue to exist - just like all businesses.

Part of the business model is traffic - and we members form part of that traffic, we pay only with our time.

What do we get in return for our time?

Perhaps a sense of community, maybe even some of our questions answered, then again a chance to input ideas.

I’d say none of these - my guess - a weird sense that we nerds who enjoy the world of trading are not alone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

His/her posting pattern is consistent.

Hi Clint,

I see Michael has a site up and running - back to no charge which is good, tho’ likely has made some past cpl of years.

Haven’t much viewed what he has to say but i take the nay sayers with a pinch - might have a look in again.

Anyways take care - big year for you guys up ahead - pity M.P. not in the race but is what it is.

Leftist too lefty to be right, and rightist too righty to be left.

• Left
  • Right
  • Liberal

0 voters

Cheers to a new week everyone! :wine_glass: