Why is no one talking about BTC?

Hellooo guuuys. :open_mouth: I’ve just been wondering. Bitcoin recently hit its previous ATH and it’s been doing pretty well recently, but why haven’t people been talking much about it? :open_mouth: I remember it was also around this time in the past years that BTC became a hot topic because of the increase in its value. :open_mouth: Has the interest for crypto, or BTC in particular, died down? :thinking: What do you think? :confused:

Well… if it happens in the middle of a pandemic… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s an issue of funding the rocket ship to the moon.

But seriously, I think its harder for the average speculator to fund an account as compared to years past, The crypto market is also ripe with so many altcoin options. And I think the glamour of 10x and 20x and mooning has come down a bit closer to reality for people. The crypto market is maturing.

Perhaps once the election is finalized, the media powers that be will transition to focus more on bitcoin and cryptos.

1 Like

Interesting times ahead. :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah! :sweat_smile: I’m sure this definitely has a great impact on people’s perceptions of their investments. :open_mouth: I guess I just kinda expected those people holding on to their BTCs to talk about it more. :open_mouth:

Oooh. :open_mouth: That’s a great point. :thinking: I’m also looking forward to how things will play out for crypto traders as the market continues to evolve. :blush:

Either they’re too busy dealing with pandemic-related effects (job loss, sickness, etc.) or maybe find it inappropriate to talk about it? Then again though, crypto peeps seem to not care about such things it seems :joy:

Hi,
This forum may not be the hottest place for folks talking about cryptocurrency, and in particular Bitcoin. I have just put up a new post in this section. The industry is awash with news. the fact that BTC just retouched $24K gives rise to particularly busy news elsewhere. :smiley:

What does your son and his friends have to say about all this btw?:open_mouth:

I think it’s also because the craze of googling BTC and crypto happened in 2017. Right now pretty much those who will ever get interested have a rough idea about crypto.

Ah, reference to my interview - methinks. Well, during the last relaxation of lockdown status, the two who had been telling me “we are into crypto” turns out they were end users of crypto currency of specific types and for transactions that do not interest me at all. They reminisced about all their gains in 2017 - and later my son told me about a loss suffered by one of them of a similar amount to an annual student grant. So there you have it. My crypto future based on a couple of statements of bravado which, on second discussion turned out to be wholly “I know about ten cents more than this guy so I’ll make out I am an expert to impress”

The expression “never give up” springs to mind.

perhaps because it’s institutions that are now talking about it.

Yiiiikes. That’s insane. Sounds like gambling to me!

You only live a student life once. You can be a mature student, but that is not a student life. You are always right and nobody can convince you otherwise. Combined with alcohol, a good friend of mine use to say to me “Look I’m invisible and bulletproof”

Well, I think that you’re wrong. BTC is still a hot subject to talk about.

because this is a fake movement with fake demand created artificially by printing fake tether

see picture attached, the gaps shown with red circle. this is where the creation of tether was so fast that cant be even drawn with a candle (happen in less than a second).

the curb of tether creation is strangely correlated with the whole bullish wave. there is not a particular interest toward people. the only rational explanation to that is that an organised group (may be exchange and owners of tether company) are buying the bitcoin with fake money they create