Why is the EUR/USD going up

why is the EUR/USD going up when there is US economic numbers and inflation going up as the rates?

Because I told everyone it would, along with the EURJPY, you need to pay better attention to my Infallible and unquestioned pronouncements from Mount VIPER.

The Ever Self Promoting VIPER

1 Like

because me and my friends backing it up

1 Like

Same here! :smiley:
(I think Angela Merkelā€™s new coalition might have also had a little something to do with it! - just a little side effectā€¦)

Pres Trump wants a lower USD, his appointee for the Fed wants the same, the market reckons likely 3 rises for this year at most.

Then in EU, political risks low, German influence on ECB growing, inflation growing, rates will rise but difficult to figure quantity, bond buying coming to an endā€¦ did I mention Weidmann?

Its an important answer but the question is irrelevant - to trading.

If price is going up, be long: if price is going down, be short. Donā€™t find the reason why price is going up and then go long, that will be too late to make a profit. If price starts going down, donā€™t find the reason and then get into cash, that will be too late to save your money.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t disagree more, a certain gentleman who likes to charge quite a lot for his teaching, and ā€œreally does tradeā€, (you know who I mean), once commented that this is a thinking personā€™s game. (He used the term ā€˜manā€™ rather than ā€˜personā€™ then his daughter went on to emulate his success.)

To think then a person must ask why, there is no thinking without questioning.

Letā€™s take Weidmann, imagine if he were to replace Draghi, is there thinking that this could happen, when, what effect on Eur, is it likelyā€¦ what does the market think?

Read third paragraph after ā€œBrussels Meetingā€ headline:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-03/draghi-succession-at-ecb-hinges-on-gender-as-well-as-nationality

What does Weidmann stand for, what so big about him, how could he be influencing Euro pricing,?

I enjoyed this article back in Oct, there are many moreā€¦

https://www.ft.com/content/485e1d66-bb13-11e7-9bfb-4a9c83ffa852

Always good to ask why :slight_smile: