Why is volatility on pairs so slow this week

Haven’t picked up on any H1 breakout opportunities this week. no real volatility spikes as I can see and that’s looking at 25 pairs or so.

When I say this week, I mean since Wednesday 15:00 pm.

What’s going on?

Probably like that for today as well until US employment figures are released today/night

1 Like

I have seen yesterday on gbpjpy already move with good average movement, also on other pair like as eurjpy, also move on good movement, but today later will there are news NFP which included news high impact, might many trader will awaiting news been released

Is it? I trade on GBPUSD. As I am seeing it is moving nicely. And more importantly in every week market doesn’t move in the same way. That’s the reason making daily target or weekly target even monthly target is not a good idea. In some weeks you will make good money, in some weeks you will lose money.

Look at the EURCHF on the H1. What extreme sideways and low volatility movement. The Standard deviation has been coasting at extremely low values for a while. In absolute terms and in relative terms expressed as a Z score based on the same setting standard deviations for the last month.

Now might be a good time to try out a new trading approach which is yet untested on the demo; selling out of the money Call and Put options above and below the current market price respectively and taking the premiums. That trade wins if the market is sideways and the volatilises are low.

GBPUSD was too early for me. Yep, so far a loss this week on one trade with one still open till next Wednesday so, we’ll see. Shame I was on an 8 ‘matches’ undefeated run with two break even weeks till this one. Should have just stayed out rather than trying to force the issue.