Why the people at TD Ameritrade are IDIOTS!

Ok, so I use TD Ameritrade for one of my forex brokers. And I am always on TOS, but today I just happened to go onto the website and log into my account to look around. I noticed that I could not find my forex balance anywhere. And I mean it is literally nowhere to be found. So I decided to contact them. This is the crap they came back with.

“[I]Hi Karma. I apologize for the confusion. You will not be able to find it on the website. Since Forex is only handled through the ThinkorSwim platform (or Mobile Trader app), those are the only places to see your forex balances. ^MP[/I]”

So here is my thoughts. No matter if it is only “handled” through Thinkorswim or not, it is still OUR MONEY right? So why would it not be in our balances? Are the people at TDA idiots or something? They can’t add this one tiny thing to the balance section? That seems pretty freaking logical to me.

What do you all think?

I agree. I looked at their website and there was no referral towards opening an account somewhere else than with TD for forex.

My personal opinion, and purely from personal experience. I think that trading forex with major banks is not advisable. Purely because forex is a very innovative and competitive industry. It’s hard for banks to be able to stay abreast , with all the regulatory hand cuffing.

Try using an off shore broker and you will see the difference in quality of service and availability of tools

Seems they don’t care about their reputation and worth to see this complaint thread evolving in a really big headache. I also don’t like such complete disregard to quite coherent request for comfort and better interface while using their personal area.

I think the problem is they most focus on exchange traded instruments like forwards or futures, while forex accounts for smaller size of their business. Anyway its a big thumbs down from me.