Why trading small accounts is not worth it

I’d like to know when you’ve started trading live and read your experiences.

1 Like

Not necessarily if you’re good. Why are you so negative ?

1 Like

It can be worth it for the experience.

1 Like

I think it all depends upon your risk taking capability and amount of time you devote for your trades. I have been trading for the past 5 years and then even i prefer 70% trades with small or micro lots. This keeps me less worried as I am busy with my other things also. I usually look for the risk ratio for my trades and then open any position.

1 Like

It’s not about being good. The best traders in the world lose sometimes, even go on losing streaks, it’s expected and all part of this business, and you have to have the mental and financial ability to take those hits. If you’re experienced and have a strategy that is consistently profitable then sure, maybe you can afford to take higher risks. But those people are few and far between.

But, the best don’t get that way by taking on high risk, it’s a slow and steady process. And if I sound negative well then good, people need to hear the truth whether they like it or not. Obviously that is not what you want to hear.

Let’s ask @Ihlas how his 100% per week strategy is going so far…

1 Like

Quit being negative man. You’re making it seem like it’s an impossible thing to do in trading. There are ways people figured things out when it comes to this and it’s being logical about it and not an idiot. If you identify the beginner mistakes everyone else does then I Guarantee you that you won’t be in the 90% that fail. I was trading breakouts with good Risk Management about 6 months ago when I got into trading and I did freaking great. Now that I found out about smart money concepts and wyckoff I am having way better success. Quit making it sound like it’s impossible. I’ve done harder things in life than Trading like Wrestling, Rock Climbing, and Surfing.

2 Likes

You want me to sugar-coat everything? It’s not going to happen.

Yes, trading is easy, extremely easy, you can sit at a computer and trade all day. However, making money trading is not easy at all.

New traders come in here every day thinking they can get rich by trading. Well they won’t, not without putting a lot of time and work into it. And even then, they’ll probably walk away with an empty account.

You have 2 posts here on BP, both of them just to argue with me. If you are such a successful trader then why don’t you take your experience and use it to benefit some of the new traders who need help, rather than criticizing everything I say?

1 Like

The small account you should trade as an investing account with 1:1 leverage (no leverage) letting your profits run and keep working your regular job/business and donating to your small investment account. What people do instead they use 1:500 leverage and to make quick profits and they end up blowing this accounts. Check this strategy that would multiply your account in a few months with minimum time spent in front of the screens. https://youtu.be/xICXVswGpPk

1 Like

Woah man! Easy, I didn’t mean to get all personal about it bro.

Yes that is true, a lot of people that come into the trading game will suffer throughout the first few months. Hell some don’t even grasp it, and before they do they just quit.

Advice ? Sure. I’d rather throw out advice then argue anyways. I’d say Risk Management is the first thing every new trader should look into. How to not blow up their account for the first month or so. After that, smart money concept is the way to go when it comes to actual profitability and accuracy.

1 Like

Have to agree with this. Very well explained buddy.

2 Likes

Hi traders, in my experience I think trading small real money account is essential , it is a next step in transition from play money account. Some mental skills cannot be developed while trading on demo simply because of greed/fear factor. I used demo accounts to learn the basics of trading platform, placing orders, modifying orders, closing trades, planning, timeframes, charting and all “mechanics” I think that’s what demo is for.
I’m a newbie and I would rather blow up small account and get the taste of it rather than blow up big and get all miserable etc.

1 Like

its not like that. small accounts can b good sometimes.

1 Like

That’s true, in order to practice you can start with a small amount like $10- $20 and after that you can increase it

2 Likes

Obviously,
Trading small accounts is not much worth it since you cant expect to make double your capital with a small amount. For profits to flow, have to invest a good sum. But yes, for start, its wise to start with low.

1 Like

When we are trading with the s mall account equity we must not think of making the profits.

1 Like

I am a little bit confused,
Can you explain to us which trading plan you can use to manage a 20$ account? And can you use the same trading plan on a 20,000$?

no you can not due to margin.

1 Like

Yeah, sure it ain’t possible !

Hi guys!
I thing you are doing well and earning green pips. Everything is impossible before someone makes it possible. Who would think we would have internet 300 years ago? The main thing is to stay motivated, patient and keep your composure.
I always tried making impossible into possible. I like my smile on my face when people say that something is impossible, but I made it. :wink:
The secret is for successful trading is KEEPING IT SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE and to eliminate the losing trades from your strategy. Analyze your lost trades: Why I have lost it? Fill the loophole with cement.
Yes, I agree that there is no 100% winning indicator. But when you combine those indicators to support each other, you can make that. But sometimes it is not all about indicators.
This is the one day result of 1M TF scalping:

I made one more trade while writing this down: + 660
I always fixed amount of profit in every trading. 30 points = I don’t need much
By the way, I am not scalping just looking at the charts, I scalp according my signals.

3 Likes

i dont think everyone can afford big account.and if they can being a beginer one should not start with a big amount and rather learn.

1 Like