Why trading small accounts is not worth it

What can done with 5000, can be also done with 100. There is no difference. Just follow your steps and take care of money management. That’s all.

4 Likes

For beginner brokers, venturing into forex for the first time can trade with a small account to understand the forex platforms and market movements.

Traders cannot use a small account to earn a reasonable amount of profits because the money earned will be reinvested for the next trade.

3 Likes

Even EA makes 20% a day. Testing the EA strategy on my demo. So far everything is good within one day.)))

Testing the EA strategy on 200 USD account with leverage 1:500.
Made 10% within 12 hours.

Have a good day guys!

1 Like

It’s all about personal preference. Are you trading in small accounts?

1 Like

Sorry, I have to disagree, aside from the mental aspect that is a major pitfall for people trading larger account sizes, all different size accounts are just different combinations of numbers.

1 Like

I think trading small accounts are definitely worth it. In my very initial days of trading, I started trading with $500. It definitely takes time but you can multiply and build your account slowly by following the right trading strategy.

4 Likes

I would not say it’s not worth it because I used small accounts for live experience during the initial stage, and the cost was lower and was able to try the various strategy for profit.

2 Likes

I do not agree that trading small account is not worth becuase It is actually a benefit to beginner traders that want to experience live trading with lower risk and capital.

2 Likes

You might not make money on your small accounts but you will learn some of the biggest lessons of your life on them.

2 Likes

True that and if one’s actually trading to increase the bank balance, taking a bit of risk should be on the cards.

1 Like

I agree slightly, but it’ll give you good insight in to trading live. I would always say trade with what you can afford to lose and obviously peoples appetites will be different in regards to this. I’ve over invested before and lost it and was a bad time as opposed to now I have less emotions tied to my investment

2 Likes

In general I agree. It’s all said right in the first post of this thread. On the other hand, the transition period from demo to live account might be a good idea with a small deposit size and extremely small lot size. Keeping the risks under control is of a primary importance! Once you learn to manage the risks on a small size account you can use the acquired skill on a bigger account. Things happen. It takes time to learn coping with temptations and sometimes new traders make accidental mistakes with lot size due to the lack of practice. You know… better be safe than sorry, so sometimes its worth practicing a little with a small-size account.

3 Likes

I somehow don’t agree. Had you been maintaining your risk reward ratio, this wouldn’t have been the case. You gotta trade with some discipline pal.

1 Like

Good notions. Personally, I’m sure that if you consider to trade with a smal account then you have to prepare yourself for huge strings of losses, yeah it sounds pestelentially but it’s really like that. Just imagine you want to enter the market with one hundred dollars. if you comply will money management and risk management (you have to comply) then every deal will be opened with 1-2$ in dependance of current situation on the market and your style of trading. If we speak of passive traders who don’t prefer rushing then the boosting of your account with all losses and wins will take you at least couple of months and the sum which you can count on is about 10-20$ per month.

1 Like

Risk management is key. And you would need to set it according to your capital, ideally make it around 2% not mcuh more than that as otherwise it would be too much. I can understand what you are saying regarding the associated higher risk, but in that case it is a small amount, and it is always best to stick to small amounts at first nonetheless.

1 Like

Honestly, I have already begun to understand this myself. Sometimes it is better to earn not much, but often, than to lose a lot of money with a lot of risk. In fact, such accounts actually have a number of notable advantages.

1 Like
If you are a beginner in forex trading, trading live with a small account would be a good choice. Mostly experienced traders prefer trading with higher capital because of consistent profits from small accounts.
1 Like

Would definitely say if just starting out keep things small or relative to what you can afford

1 Like

If you are talking about making profits with your small accounts, then definitely they are not worth it. But when it comes to learning and improving yourself as a trader, these small accounts do come as your saviour and help you get better. You don’t need to risk big amounts and can understand the live market dynamics before you put a huge amount at risk.

1 Like

Because trading a small account is much more difficult than trading a large account. Large accounts are buffered against mistakes, unexpected losing streaks, and sometimes even bad traders, but small accounts have no such buffer.

1 Like