women would be welcomed in the trading world, are they good enough to stand the
test of time? Some studies have shown that women do have better instinct than
men in terms of finances… but are we going to take that risk with the hope that
they would be more successful than men?

I believe what makes a good trader isn’t dependent on
gender. But if there are a few women
good at trading, it’s better that way.

1 Like

Well @vineeta looks pretty “effective” to me (assuming of course that’s actually her)!!! LOL!!!

2 Likes

It seems we shan’t know for a good while - if ever !

A study shows female traders are far more “contrarian” than their male counterparts. They tend to buy stock following severe price falls and sell to males following substantial price increases. Womansappear to lose money in the short-term (buying as prices fall, for instance), but gain in the longer-term following severe price reversals. Because of our ability to track trades over a long period, based on actual buy and sell trades, we can see that it is not valid to conclude from short-term price declines that females suffer losses. On average, females buy cheap and sell dear, indicating they are far more informed than males.
A century-long fight for woman’s rights has finally shaped up an almost gender-neutral world: these days, women can make career and life choices that are similar – with few exceptions – to those of men. However, trading and investing remain a “male” marketplace with only a small percentage of female players involved.

1 Like

Do you know which study that was? Could you post its URL link?

Interesting thread:

1 Like

Apparently, just more female traders would suffice as they are already inherently more efficient than men.

The fact there currently are much less females than males involved in trading and investing doesn’t necessarily disprove that females are (or could be) much better at it than males.

Oops - wrong thread !

I am sure my “stage” has a great influence on the performance of women as traders.

Nor in any other field of course - perhaps you’d like to comment on this thread ?

Lol, I ended up replying here by mistake, as well :slight_smile:

Must be some bug that connected one thread to the other…

1 Like

.@KierseyClemons to star in and produce film on #LaurenSimmons, the youngest woman trader on the floor of the #NewYorkStockExchange https://t.co/MAZNzDvgVT pic.twitter.com/alt9SxjSJv

— Shadow And Act (@shadowandact) November 13, 2018
1 Like

https://news.stanford.edu/2019/08/12/race-influences-professional-investors-judgments/

3 Likes

Thanks for the interesting article @PipMeHappy! :open_mouth: Still so frustrating to see how people could let go of great investment opportunities just because of their prejudice against funds led by people of color. :confused:

2 Likes

@Penelopip @Ananais

1 Like

It always tickles me how the actual findings seem to be manipulated by those with a political gender biased intent !

eg

The FT says ;

"A paper by the University of Leicester suggests that female traders outperform males on average, …"

Whereas the cited “paper” actually finds ;

"female traders outperform male traders more frequently. However, when male traders makehigher profits than females, they outperform female traders by a large amount. This is whythe average profit of male traders is greater than that of female traders…"

:rofl::rofl:

NOTE “Outperform” does NOT neccessarily imply that they actually make a profit :wink:

[EDIT - This is exactly the result one would expect from the findings of Evolutionary Psychology ! - Where the female would be responsible for child-rearing and animal husbandry (Minimise loss) - whereas the male would be responsible for hunting (Maximise additional food capture) :smile: - Thus acting as a team or “family unit” - the skills and psychologies of both sexes would optimise the net benefit to the “team” ]

In May 2018 I posted again about Rachel Fox ( Why we need more (good) female traders ); here is a video of her Ted Talk:

1 Like

1 Like