Why we need more (good) female traders

Bare bums is it ?

Do you know any powerful white men in Canada ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMkRa6lBAQ

Interesting - I wonder why she can’t hold a job ? (rhetorical :wink: )

I wonder whether this is what women really want ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eieVE-xFXuo

He makes good points and does so forcefully but at the end of the day his opinions are not the truth: these are issues that offer multiple interpretations

I’ve written down in brief the 28 or so points he makes and can’t see any real evidence they are “opinions” rather than facts - But Perhaps we should let him speak for himself :grinning:

I think he knows he is a good self-publicist and he uses his ‘controversial’ statements to irritate hosts on talk-shows so that he gets invited again.

It is one of his points for certain that he finds it odd that some people find the Truth ‘controversial’,.

1 Like

Yes, he is not controversial, he just has a …different opinion. I have no issue with him, and there is freedom of speech. But when it comes to gender studies facts are notoriously difficult to pin down.

I thought of this thread when I happened on this :sunglasses:

Not as simple as ‘go for it’… She does not convince me, great debater though she is.

Because all the things that were touched by woman becomes beautiful :wink:
I suppose that female traders are more conscientious and steady than male. It’s true that men have sometimes aggressive behavior, connected to the testosterone. I suppose that if the ratio of traders (male/female) will be 50/50, it wil make the market more stable and calm. In some cases it can help, but I look for a good volatility sometimes and calm market is boring in some ways.

1 Like

Yes I have heard Camille Paglia in discussion and I have to say the Lady does have some very interesting insights - On numerous subjects related to this thread. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t believe we need more good female traders, I BELIEVE
EFFECTIVE ONES ARE NEEDED. It’s the true that the trading world is male
dominated but I think that trading success isn’t dependent on gender. While
women would be welcomed in the trading world, are they good enough to stand the
test of time? Some studies have shown that women do have better instinct than
men in terms of finances… but are we going to take that risk with the hope that
they would be more successful than men?

I believe what makes a good trader isn’t dependent on
gender. But if there are a few women
good at trading, it’s better that way.

1 Like

Well @vineeta looks pretty “effective” to me (assuming of course that’s actually her)!!! LOL!!!

2 Likes

It seems we shan’t know for a good while - if ever !

A study shows female traders are far more “contrarian” than their male counterparts. They tend to buy stock following severe price falls and sell to males following substantial price increases. Womansappear to lose money in the short-term (buying as prices fall, for instance), but gain in the longer-term following severe price reversals. Because of our ability to track trades over a long period, based on actual buy and sell trades, we can see that it is not valid to conclude from short-term price declines that females suffer losses. On average, females buy cheap and sell dear, indicating they are far more informed than males.
A century-long fight for woman’s rights has finally shaped up an almost gender-neutral world: these days, women can make career and life choices that are similar – with few exceptions – to those of men. However, trading and investing remain a “male” marketplace with only a small percentage of female players involved.

1 Like

Do you know which study that was? Could you post its URL link?

Interesting thread:

1 Like