Why we need more (good) female traders

“Many of those words are incredibly offensive. Posters tended to discuss a woman’s physical appearance (hot and hottie were in the top ten)”

Yep, this very site, there was a lady poster who followed FA, I remember a then regular member use those very words simply because she used her image for her avatar.

1 Like

Have you read his stuff ? Hellfire he INVENTED Behavioural Economics ! I’m amazed if he hadn’t got one before !

In reality he is the only option - if he hasn’t got one already !

Nope, there was a guy before him.

“Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.”

Yes well - certain religions have always “Sold” guaranteed entrance to heaveb :roll_eyes:

@PipMeHappy - Heres one which you could perhaps "get your teeth into " !

Chuffing disgraceful !

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2018/11/23/jailed-greek-cleaning-woman-will-have-sentence-reviewed/

C’est vrai - often I’ve thought about that scene, that little widow and the power of money.

I have come to the conclusion that money is just a symbol.

This morning I placed 5x20p coins into a box, then I lit a candle - that was for a person whom I perceived to be in danger.

Would my prayer be diluted by 20% had I placed only 4 coins - could I ‘guarantee’ a result should I place even more.

What I have come to know about heaven it seems that religion counts for less, knowledge of people perhaps counts for more.

1 Like

Whether you’re religious or not (I’m not) - I think that is the truth - I guess Alfred Nobel (earlier reference) must have been a nominal “christian” - knowing how he made his money and the hypocrisy of his "peace prize " !

You did what you could mate ! :sunglasses:

I read something the other day which I found oddly comforting - not sure where but I think it was Ayn Rand " you don’t die - the world just comes to an end - for you" - Bright Lady - soooo under reported !

[I remember now - it was on one of her You tube interviews (highly recommended)]

1 Like

A move in the right direction!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-19/sweeter-bonuses-for-women-this-year-as-wall-street-confronts-gap

I love it actually, I got my girlfriend into forex a few years back and she took it way more serious than me initially. After she started making some decent gains I actually took it seriously.

1 Like

When there are female participants in forex trading they can get best use of their free time. They will generate income for their own and family. One positive thing is they need not to go out for earning . They are concerned to manage trading risk because they handle budget easily . Forex trading will not be an issue if they understand it before starting.

Hello all,

my latest Q&A candidate had to pull out because she could not get the time to answer my questions…

I am sorry to keep you all waiting. I will look for more candidates and hopefully one/some of them will be able to do the interview.

PipMeHappy

2 Likes

I still wonder too, how gender degrades one as a human being. If a woman has the same brain a man has, then what is the difference between a man and a woman in terms of existence. In the end, it is the role that we play in our environment that sets us apart from other humans. Enough with this gender discrimination already.

1 Like

that’s very strange for me too, bro. I don’t know why woman are still facing the descrimination

1 Like

I read market wizard and there is female trading story in the book. I also meet female traders and review trading record together (Quite orderly). I’m very amazing that she can buy/sell almost of top and bottom. Her trading performance is unbelievable.

1 Like
1 Like

PipMeHappy,

Glad to see this thread, after 4 + years, is still alive and well.! This is all before the #Me Too movement lol! I would like to see this compile of articles, research, comments, feedback from fellow traders , put into ebooks… I bet in no time, you will be one the best selling author :slight_smile:

Love it!
~Sheryl
PS: Happy New Year! Cheers to 2019!

4 Likes

Hello Sheryl aka FX-Women Honorary Member, @PipNRoll !!

How grateful I am for your appearance on here!

I know that some forums/blogs get turned into books, e.g. Laura Bates’s EveryDaySexism

is a website of thousands of women’s stories to do with daily sexism or harassment and assault

that they have been subjected to: a couple of years ago it was turned into a book, where

a selection of those stories where divided into groups/chapters…

I am not sure if there was a market for a similar thing to do with sexism in trading… who knows?

2 Likes

@PipMeHappy

Perhaps there’s a data that shows how many people would like to be a professional trader? Then segment them into ages and genders, part time or full time, etc. I have no idea how many population would be interested in trading. Although, some would like the idea but some are content on where they at currently in professional career and in business.

As for the book, I would probably focus more on strategy-female approach into trading. I also would like to see how male traders coach/mentor females traders to become successful. These successful women did not do this on their own. More than likely, they get help to become successful and learn this techniques, strategies, visions, from a great mentors and coaches either Male or Female.

You see… There is no such thing as “self made”. They got to where they at with the help of other people.

So,if you’d like, start writing your book PipMe…perhaps, starts with a short 2-3 Chapters of ebook :slight_smile:

~Sheryl

3 Likes

Hello Sheryl @PipNRoll ,

these are excellent suggestions.

I would very much like to do more for this area of trading but I must say that even finding time to look for articles and people to interview is hard as a father and as a self-employed musician.

If someone wanted to help, e.g. by finding a way to get a publisher interested and/or by helping gathering data of the kind that you suggested, then it would be more likely to happen.

At the moment all I can do is try to update the thread when I can, and try to find traders to be interviewed.

Thanks for the suggestions: you are the first person to come up with what could be a ‘next step’ for the information gathered on this thread.

Thank you!

@PipMeHappy,

Oh yes Time…I have learn that TIME is the highest commodity on earth. You cannot buy time nor you can bring back the time. Each one of us has 24 hours in a day but then how come other people succeed with a very “limited time” we have and majority of people do not. Is it really because of “lack of time” or is it something else?

The real questions is, how and where do you really spend majority of your time? Do you spend your time to add value to others, invest it to your own growth and development, creative thinking, looking for opportunities that will eventually bring you the additional income?

Lack of time, kids (congratulations by the way!), and work, should be the REASON not an excuse for not doing it.

I challenge you to take action… Otherwise, whats the point of having a thread like this for the past 4 plus years and there is no plan for a “next step” where the opportunity is right here and right now in front of you.

In the next 2 -3 years or sooner, someone else’s will have this idea, they will take action and run with it (monetize it) because they have a desire and a reason to do it and not an excuse :slight_smile:

Up to you…
PNR

1 Like