Why we need more (good) female traders

Well, PipNRoll, thank you!

Well, I have about seven jobs as a freelancer, two lines of business, and I am a dad: that is where I have chosen to invest my time. There literally is no more time to be had, or if you like, I choose not to sacrifice more time than I already do each day.
My partner is the love of my life and I choose to spend any remaining time with her.

I also like to spend less (not more time) on trading or on forums, so to answer you: the ‘next step’ has already happened for this thread… The admins (thanks to @Pipstradamus @Ananais @Penelopip) made it a pinned thread, which means that now it will no longer sink to the bottom. Also, my recent trader interviews have spawned a Q&A thread that is regularly publicised on the BabyPips Twitter feed. These are big steps forward. I have achieved as much as I wanted to for this thread in the time that I have curated it.

It is because I found more time-within-time that I manage to do as much as I want to do in life and in music. You cannot monetise everything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s an interesting discussion, from what I’ve read over the years from both PMH and PNR there lies a common theme - PMA, Positive Mental Attitude.

I’ve seen the fruits of such an attitude in health and wealth over the years, it’s not a dream-like attitude that some people think, it’s the opposite, for me it’s very real life and brings very real reward.

It’s even possible to witness the opposite effect on these very boards where a Negative Attitude brings disharmony, banishment and ridicule.

3 Likes

@peterma

It’s even possible to witness the opposite effect on these very boards where a Negative Attitude brings disharmony, banishment and ridicule. <

So true!!!

@PipMeHappy - I am glad everything is working out for you. If you haven’t notice, I am being “Persistent” :slight_smile: (but still, it will be nice to get this on ebook lol!)

@peterma - thank you. Yes, I agree on PMA (Positive Mental Attitude). It’s who you are inside and what comes in the outside… If everything fails and if PMA is all you’ve got then you still have a chance to succeed.

I have this quote in my phone (notes) in which I would like to share:

Watch your thoughts, for they become WORDS.
Watch your words, for they become ACTIONS.
Watch your actions, for they become HABITS.
Watch your habits, for they become CHARACTER.
Watch your character, for it become your DESTINY.

…It all starts from PMA :)… good call @Peterma. For ALL this years, You know us very well …Something never change…and for good reasons!

PNR

2 Likes

@PipNRoll So you should be, Sheryl!

You are the Sandberg of these forums!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@PipMeHappy - Ha! “Lean IN”… I would Lean Forward :slight_smile:

I’ll take that as a compliment. Thank you!

1 Like

@Ananais Recognising PipNRoll’s achievements in her private trading is good and proper, however I would also like to quote her from another thread to draw attention to her career achievements as a businesswoman:

" I also started mentoring summer interns last year and I will expand more this year. In addition, I will be one of the participants in “Women in Leadership” this first quarter to coach and mentor other professional women/men in the workplace to help them become a better leader and have voice on their own. "

(Thread source: Finding Consistency)

I think women have the guts to trade on the Forex market. If they do not trade with their own money then they can manage the accounts of other taders. Management is more suitable job for the traders. Do you agree with my thoughts?

One of the finest Scottish sportsmen of recent times decides to retire.

I have followed his highs and lows, a true gentleman:-

@PipMeHappy,

I appreciate it though but there is no need for the recognition. I just pop in and say hello to my friends… thats all.

You are good friend…
PNR

1 Like

@peterma Yes, I watched his press.conference yesterday, it was heartbeaking. He is a really good person and a great athlete… I hope he gets better soon.

1 Like

@PipNRoll There is, though! You are an alumna from the BabyPips school who is successfully building her own career and has had some success in trading too. We must celebrate it and be glad that you still pop in from time to time to share this with everyone here!

1 Like

@PipMeHappy,

In that case, drinks is on me :slight_smile: Lol!

I thought I should put my picture back up again. These was taken last week :slight_smile:

Cheers!
PNR

1 Like

Ah! You have not changed a bit!

Have you traded currencies (or anything financial) of late? Do you still run your ‘Filpino System’ on
MyFxBook?

Drinks on you are well received. I will play the music!

NOt precisely a female trader, but certainly a lady of understanding, who is well worth her “Salt” and has something new, interesting and RIGHT - to say Professor Stephanie Kelton

2 Likes

@Falstaff Super! I will listen to it tomorrow!

Thank you

She is saying that money is not an issue for the US… It is how it is spent…

Partly so perhaps - but not just the USA - it is wider than that. There are caveats however.

It is not easy to see exactly what they ARE saying in words of one syllable, but here’s a really short version a few years old - which some may find helpful.

This guy has now taken this idea and is selling what he knows at pretty high subscription rates. This earlt stuff however is far better for content and understanding where the principle lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNbt7Gts3L4

The good Professor clearly understnads it well - and it does appear that it could really be quite tradeable ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@cndlstckchic Hi! I am a female trader myself and wanted to reach out to you, though I’m trying to get a handle on the forums and there doesn’t seem to be a way for me to message you. Anyway, thought I’d say hello. :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes