Why we need more (good) female traders

Two articles to mark Women’s Day (8th March):

I have to say that this is all quite interesting! I am a Female 40 yrs old and I just learned of Forex 2 months ago from a friend out of state. Maybe Forex is something that people or women are waking up to in waves! This thread started in 2014 and here I am just learning Forex in 2019! Well I’m looking forward to learn all I can and become one of the Best Female Forex Traders out there! (With the help of all of you!) :grin:

1 Like

Great stuff, Gianni Geez!

May you be successful in this journey!

Again, more articles to mark Women’s Day (this is the last post on the subject from me, but please post your own here if you wish):

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4247255-international-womens-day-2019-global-perspectives-women-finance

2 Likes

Thanks for this resource! @PipMeHappy

1 Like

An interesting discussion here

1 Like

Journal of Economics, examined 35,000 trading accounts over a period of 6 years looking for differences in the behavior patterns of male and female traders. The difference between the number of accounts operated by sex is 79% men and 21% women.

1 Like

Thanks @Abel10 !

Do you have the source article/URL?

1 Like

I like your post… thanks

1 Like

@karp Thanks! I hope it will inspire you on your journey…

Oooh. This is a very interesting read @PipMeHappy! :smiley: Thanks for sharing this. :smiley: I was particularly intrigued by the one about it being a challenge and an opportunity. But it was also great to see women’s impact on the future of finance. :slight_smile: Thanks again for this! :blush:

1 Like

@ria_rose Thank you, Ria. I hope your trading journey is taking a positive course: it will be a long one, I can assure you, so stick with it if you know it is what you want to dedicate your life to (full- or part-time). No guarantees of profits but if you at least try properly then it may just become a reality. Fortunately the more pragmatic people see beyond the macho image and the false promises of easy wealth and take it as a study subject that requires time, dedication, and hard work, and is ultimately no more exciting than being an accountant once they realise that all the sexy indicators advertised look pretty but have very little to do with trading well and profitably. :sweat_smile::face_with_raised_eyebrow::pensive:

1 Like

You may all remember the 2015 Financial Times special edition report, “Sexism and the City”:

it seems that wherever the light does not shine on a corner of this industry, bad behaviour goes

on unchallenged by individuals who should know better and are allowed to continue doing it.

Here is the latest story:

On a more positive note:

Perhaps some of those pushing for equal numbers in Financial Institutions should be aware of this ?

“Perverse” he calls it and certainly I was not aware of these Facts until a few days ago. shock horror !

@Falstaff, stop it. Your science is getting in the way of my social engineering! :joy:

Fantastic video by the way.

1 Like

@PipNRoll great insight, thanks for taking the time to post. I appreciate your viewpoint,makes sense.

1 Like

Trading requires some of the management skills and women have management skills. Trading market has huge room for every gender as far as I think. You just need to work hard and stay patient and a woman can do so. Do you agree with me in this regard?

1 Like