Why you should backup your data

Hi all :slight_smile: , today I want to bring your focus to something which ( probably ) many members skip…a data backup :slight_smile: not only in trading but in normal life. Each trader, on every trading level, should use a journal to save setup reasons, screenshots, thoughts about trading, because you can back to it and improve trading. What will happen if you lost all these data, because of storm? Energy short circuit? Your progress will go down or even worse, you quit the trading. 10–15 years ago, rent a storage in cloud was expensive but now, you can get even 20 gb storage for free, it is more than enough for FX journal, you can buy own NAS server or mass storage and connect in to router. There are many solutions which you can use, It is not worth not making data backup in current technology, where many things you can automatize. Do backups and may many pips be with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re right. My laptop crashed and I had a difficult time getting data back. I had some data backed up, but I hadn’t backed up anything for a while. So, I lost a lot of information.

Little did I know that the solution was found on the side of my laptop in the form of a mini SD card slot.

I didn’t even know that was there. Now, I backup my data on an external drive sometimes, but I don’t store any data on my laptop. Everything is on my mini SD card.

Thanks for bringing this up!

1 Like

So you can use a cloud and automatic syncing

1 Like

This will sound foolish, but I feel too paranoid to use a cloud service. Perhaps that will change in the future.

What’s your experience been like with cloud service? Any problems?

I am using mega encrypted cloud, for me works good.

1 Like

For business and personal data I use MS 365 Office suite that includes licence for 5 family members each with 1TB of storage in the cloud.

1 Like

I’ve always used Carbonite. I think I pay them $99 per year, now (it’s increased in price, like most things) but it’s enormous storage and it’s very easy to use.

2 Likes

My laptop hard drive died.
Lost all the replays I was gonna show my friends, like 200 of them :frowning_face:
The only things I managed to save were some LOVE2D libraries I made