Will Cryptocurrencies Go Mainstream?

I thought crypto is already mainstream? No? Everybody is trying to learn, trade and invest in Bitcoin and other coins…

1 Like

Naw. Once my relatives and friends in non tech/trading industry (a lot of them are in the medical field) start actually buying/using crypto, it’s still not mainstream.

Yes cryptocurrencies have that potential to go mainstream as the adoption these digital assets have increased in a short span of time and many surveys even proofed that the demand for cryptocurrencies is likely to grow in near future. Those investing in Bitcoin and other altcoins want to increase their holdings in next 12 months and out of those who haven’t invested yet, 21% are planning on starting in same time frame.

I highly doubt that cryptos will go mainstream anytime soon.
First they cryptos must have a widespread, real-world adoption and use - such as paying bills, buying groceries and so on - then they’ll go mainstream. But for that to happen the transaction times must be indeed faster and the fiat/crypto rates must not be so volatile. Stable is the word i`m looking for. Until the price of a crypto is stable I doubt that it will be adopted.

Regulation is key, but that would go against the crypto’s idiology, so yeah. We’ve got a long way to go until cryptos go really mainstream.
Anyway, that’s just my point of view and you’re free to argue/disagree.

Your all missing a point with crypto’s, they behave like a stock, not a currency, so like a share they can go bust, as some will at some point. You are exchanging your money for erm, nothing.

3 Likes

First of all thanks for your opinion. Yes i agree with your logic and that is the concern for every person who truly believes in the potential of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. But many platforms are working towards overcoming these inefficiencies- with increasing transaction time and reducing transaction costs. platforms like Ripple are actually contributing towards transforming payment systems.
As more investors are coming into this market along with big institutional investors, the confidence of investors will become relatively stable. As far as regulation is concerned, the whole idea of cryptocurrencies is based on freedom from any regulatory authority but the relevant authorities everywhere are doing their best to help operate this market in a very transparent way. Every system has its own weakness and it takes time but i believe cryptocurrencies have a bright future in investments and i am positive about it going mainstream in near future.

Please share your thoughts.

Crypto is insanely mainstream as it is, and yet no one actually cares about its intended purposes. It’s just a speculative bubble filled with people hoping to get rich.

When the public FOMO’d in during December and January, the total cryptocurrency marketcap was bigger than Googles or Apples. Just stop for a second and think about that. These “coins” that nobody actually uses were worth more than the worlds biggest tech monopolies that have licences to print money.

Cryptocurrency will soon become a mainstream currency. There are many international brands that are accepting Cryptocurrency, e.g., K.F.C Canada. More international franchises will start accepting it. Russia is also accepting crypto for the world cup.

I am a crypto trader as well along with the forex trading. I usually trade bitcoin with the USD which is a profitable pair to work on. I think cryptocurrencies have a bright future as they are becoming popular with the passage of each day.

I wonder, if or when they do, will people be so eager to mine them that they’d end up stealing electricity and getting arrested for it, like this guy in China did?
Because cryptos going mainstream means that even more people will join on the mining and the trading, and that means that there will be even more candidates to do shady things like that.

I don’t think Cryptocurrency will become the only mainstream currency because there are various complications in it. One of them is that you need internet connection to secure the financial transaction. Can you provide internet to the entire world?

Altough its got huge potenial i dont think that cryptocurrencies anything beside a bubble.

BTW. when something has big potenial its only means that it can improve very much which mean its uselless in current state.

And this fits very good to the BTC. Everyone see globilazation, electronization etc. and potencial need for a cryptocurrecies decentrelized annonymous money. Except the “real money” also can make things work like BTC, is stable and more secure for investment.

Why everybody dont go short on bitcoin?

Thailand and the Philippines appear to be trying to make them go mainstream – both countries introduced new regulation regarding cryptocurrencies that legalizes them under certain conditions.
Along with Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Thailand especially is trying to become one of the leading hubs for the crypto industry.

The crypto market is still immature and new without adequate history to predict the future. You can hope for some optimistic outcome to happen in the near future. Moreover, BTC and Ripple are good cryptos to invest in. Thanks and good luck!

More good news – Japan’s regulator, the Financial Services Agency (FSA), will tighten the screening process for crypto exchanges that want to be registered with the regulator.
The new measures adopted by the regulator include an increased number of questions asked when screening an application for a crypto exchange. Now the questions will be about 400 or almost 4 times more compared to the older version of the registration protocol.
FSA will also require access to the crypto exchanges’ board meetings records, as well as reports of the company’s shareholders structure in order to “check for links to antisocial groups.”
This is a good thing, in my opinion, because cryptocurrencies are taken more and more seriously there.

1 Like

Probably for the same reason that everybody isn’t buying and buying. Price fluctuations are crazy over short time periods. And shorting is a bit more technical in nature than just buying and holding.

cryptos are gaining popularity day by day and as per my opinion they also have the potential to go mainstream but it will definitely not happen in the near future.

Like I’ve said before. Cryptos may not go mainstream, but the blockchain technology is already noticed and is starting to gain traction in various business niches and services.
I’d love it if the country I live in would apply it - that would kill a huge part of the bureaucracy and would improve the “communication” between the different government agencies.

Cryptocurrencies are quickly emerging as a popular form of currency and one that is more efficient. But in order to gain more “mainstream” acceptability they’ll need to be adopted on a larger scale and overcome some of the skepticism that some people have for digital currencies. That said I think these currencies have a wide scope and with time can be expected to get better as more technological advancement is achieved and government and the general public warm up to the idea.

1 Like