Win ratio

Was that cool, or what?!

(That 1.6187 support level was more trouble than I anticipated — but, we busted through.)

Don’t forget to remove your LONG entry orders, guys.

I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow.

It looks like alapari dont do spread betting. If you are UK based why don’t you spreadbet? There is no tax pay on profits

personal choice really most of the spread betting companies in the uk are crap there is 1 that im looking at, that as the profesional platform called pro spread
problem is they are owned by London Capital Group and ive used there variouse companies before and turned out to be dissapointing on the customer service, because its Direct Acces (NO requotes at all) i might demo the platform for 3 months to see how i get on, i do really like the platform

this company Pro Spreads its pretty new so i want to also see how other get on first to see if it is what it says on the tin

Looks like you got your 48. Well done!

fxcm seem to have a professional looking platform for spreadbetting. No requotes.

I backtested this from March and it doesn’t look good for the UJ.
This is using the overnight Asian session as the low volume period.
If you are going to scalp then go right ahead but a 50SL:20TP was not a profitable strategy on the UJ nor was 30/10 or any variation of trailing stops. Cheers.

I do but it’s only for backtesting, if you use it on a live system while other trades are going it will mess up your existing trades at present until I have worked on it further. Also, I wouldn’t recommend going down the automatic route. You need to be aware of support and resistance with this strategy and adjust your order accordingly.

Assuming the same lot size for a 24/12 or 24/48, then your 80% on 24/12 and 20% on 24/48 strategy averages out to about 19 pips if both succeed doesn’t it? If the 12 succeeds, do you move your stop to breakeven on anything or perhaps move the SL up on the wider one?
An interesting way round of doing it but requires more management :slight_smile:

You must of misunderstood with the time frames then, right now it is 7am EST and I am looking for oportunities and setting the 2nd line right at 7am, the first line already ploted 10 hours ago. But you are right about the asian session, I don’t trade asian session either. So far the pair looks bullish but earlier I was short with u/j because on the 1hr chart I saw the price was at 50% fibs and a suport became resistance which I have entered when I saw the candle pattern and got 23 pips, I will take another trade if price at 95.53 for long or go short at 94.88 for 20 pips. sorry for the confusion

Yes, that’s what a direct calculation will give you. Not much in pips, but actually that is about 50% increase in the result of the fully profitable trades. I have not done any further calculations how this would perform in the long run when losses are included.

I happened to be in front of the screen when the trade was executed, which is rare luxury for me, but I’m now on vacation. Couldn’t resist in manually exiting the smaller part of the position at 32 pips profit, as I had to leave the computer at that time, and I was already very satisfied with the trade. At around 20 pips I had already moved SL to breakeven, and slightly after that I had placed a TS of 12 pips. But this is now some sort of management that requires either manual attendance or automation, and I don’t want to complicate my trading too much, so today it was an exception.

This successful sample trade brought up yet another idea of managing the second part of the trade. This time the 12p TP was at 1.6217, and while watching the trade I realised that 1.6200, a potential resistance level by the round value, was near. The idea is not to try to shoot the moon at 48 pips TP, but exit at that hundred-pip line if it happens to be between the 12p TP and 48p TP. Today that would have meant 29 pips.

As I said, manual intervention usually means a degradation in result for me! Today that was 16 pips for the 20% part of my trade. But I don’t complain, the overall trade was a schoolbook one!

alright guys a good news and a bad news on today’s g/u trade. Which one do you guys want to hear? the the good news ofcourse. I got the 58 pips with in the 3 hour range which is not too bad, the bad news is I miscalculated it and instead of 60 pips profit I ended up waking away with 58 pipitas :o

Not trying to annoy you or anything but it might be good to keep this a straight GBPUSD thread as that is what TREV started it for and a lot of people are following Clint’s analysis. :smiley:
However, why not start a separate UJ thread and link it into this one from the first post? Your timeframes seem different to what we are talking about here. It sounds like to you use the start of your orders at 11amGMT - is this because you are saying the low volume for that pair is between the close of the Asian an the opening of NYSE? 11am GMT seems arbitrary, what about London :). PM me and I can run through some backtesting options for you.

I agree, I will try it at least 1 month and then open a new thread, b/c of similar style I wanted it to be in this thread.

Looking at all the major players (EU EG EC UJ) and apply Trevpick system they all would have made money, the problem starts to play them all at the same time. :slight_smile:

out of all of thses pairs that make money, do any of them yield more pips on average on the first candle break out

Yes and No for an average, look at the EUR GBP last night and it would have made more, but this is hindsight again like any of them. So I still think you hit the nail on the head and Clint analysis last night was excellent too.
SanMiguel would be really the one to test all the pairs with his backtesting system. I zoom out as much as I can and then look over the time-frames and start zooming in again. (Black is GMT 18:00 to 04:00)
EUR GBP could be a good one too. On the other hand your original one works fine, all others I would say trade them too if you can handle all the data open at the same time. :slight_smile:
Of course automated would be nice then we could play them all at the same time and see if it would make the money in the long run. Would be very important on demo first.

Today they could of made money but if you back test the majors they will fail if risk ratio is 1-3, got to be 1-1, for example E/J looks fine for 50 TP and 50 SL, E/U 30 TP 30 SL. I mean what I found out that for example lets take E/J and the high is 100, what I do is I take 6 + the spread which is 4 pips with my brocker. So I place my entry order exactly at 110, the price hits 113 and goes against you. This would happen alot 1 every 6-7 order. This is true with all the majors, except g/u and u/j. u/j will have a different time frame.

now listen copper, we’re gona make a break to the downside see!

but seriously folks, that’s my predictions. It’s been on a downslope steady for a while, and my 7ma is still below my 21ma with no sign of turning back up yet.

Morning if anybody is around. :slight_smile:

morning Oscar, I am, but not for long

Yes

buy at 1.6170 tp 1.6182 sl 1.6146
sell at 1.6054 tp 1.6042 sl 1.6078