With the BoE rate decision in just over an hour, what can we expect?

whats going to happen is investors are going to plung onto uk real estate bonds right.
which is going to send the usa housing market down even more which will bring up the aud usd up in green even more so the eur usd will be up and aud usd will be up which is already started happening

dont i she was minus 25 percent you whatch eur usd go into green in 2 hours i know exactally what i’m talking about

she was minus 25 percent when i said buy you watch her go into the green shes following the aud usd because of the uk rate cute

nex week the us stocks will plummet if not tonight and tomorrow

I am highly intelligent the us stocks will plummet and eur usd will go into green on big up

as will the aud usd which alredy did today so i’m sorry but your not smarter than me

you watch 40 minutes from now the us stocks will open and plumet like a ***** the eur usd will rise following the aud usd

Fisherman, I think neither of us understands quite what you are trying to say…

Like Eddie, I have been reading your posts on this thread and I am not sure how to respond.

Apart from a Pound drop and a temporary FTSE100 boost,

I see no big effect of the BoE rate decision world-wide:

precious metals like Silver have barely made a move;

US Crude Oil has barely reacted;

Yen crosses (except the GBP/JPY) have also not

been touched by this event;

the S&P500 had a small move up but it was negligible.

All this means is that this is currently treated by the markets

as a localised central bank event, and this gives me confidence

that its impact on Pound and FTSE100 will also be limited in time,

given that its echo beyond the BoE event will be muffled.

Sentiment, however, has a much bigger chance of turning the

Pound’s fortunes, but for that we need much more than a single

event like the rate decision and press conference of today from the

Bank of England…

Equally, only true risk-off/risk-aversion across the globe will get

the FTSE100 to shift from its anaemic performance and finally

lose its grip on a congestion around the 6000 - 7000 zone: but, for

this, we need a true shift from ‘wait and see’ sentiment to a

‘sell and flee’ one, and it has to be global.

Don’t worry Sterling

SuperCarney will save you!

Like SuperMario hahaha

:slight_smile:

just another annoyance to market participants. a new try to influence the markets against its natural movements.

to be honest todays BoE actions have been recognized as emergency actibg trying to prevent a upcomming recession in UK and a try to hold the real estate market high. at least thats what sentimemt is saying over here.

it doesnt have much effect world wide mostly because people know that central banks cant make a unfunctioning evonomy function again. at least somethibh people learmed by now (no im not saying UK has a disfunctional economy. it was only an example not connected to the UK economy)

Good post…and welcome back! How is life? And the baby?

thank You Francis! life as usual. baby was quiet 2 months and now learned to use crying as influence on me lol

howd your daughter and how are you?

Haha yes, that sounds like a healthy baby with fully working lungs :slight_smile:

Mine is nearly three months and she is a very easy baby…

When she cries really loud I use heavy headphones to shut the noise

out, then I will go to her and pick her up, calmly working out why she is

crying. This saves me panicking and also getting a headache :slight_smile:

However, it turns out that the crying is more predictable now…

Do you too use the headphone method haha

:slight_smile:

Today’s BoE move boils down to two words - The Daily Reckoning - UK Edition

The two words are: More Debt.

I mentioned back a couple of weeks that the BOE are between a rock and a hard place, the more recent PMI’s have underlined that.

They have reacted as most had predicted, it’s the template that seemed to help back in the crunch, there seems to be no other route.

The big problem is that the hard place is quite different, then it was lack of credit availability, now it will be lack of demand.

David Blanchflower, former MPC member, stated on Friday that these are ‘scary times’, that they are.

He advocates a 5% cut in vat, this is not for the BOE to act on, this requires action by a politician who is known for his caution (or is it dithering) and is just new to the job - such a cut would add to the debt number, many entrepreneurs have a saying - ‘in for a penny, in for a pound’ .

Scary times require daring action, the BOE are doing their best, now is the time for politicians to step up to the mark …

Sadly I have doubts, we have statements to the effect that we are ‘open for business’ or that we are actively seeking trade agreements with large economies, then, after setting up the fanfare, including hospitality tents, we send the Chinese investor representatives home at with the notion that we just don’t really trust them and have to have a little think about things.

Prof Blanchflower’s two words are echoing loud.

My goodness, if one were to unpack your words, Peterma, there would be entire threads

to write to even begin to do your post justice… speaking of packing a lot of info in a small space!

You put in your reply a lot of information that shows a deep understanding of these matters…

Thank you.

I am not in the same league so I am going to keep quiet…

We all have our opinions about central banks (not about governors/chairs themselves,

just of the institutions of central banking as money-printing centres, or so they seem

to have become through the decades)… and nobody doubts the difficult balancing act

that they have to do.

I agree with you 100% that fiscal, not monetary policy, should be the rule of the economic

land, whereas all the expectation that somehow a central bank can create jobs and

‘stimulate’ growth is highly misguided. As I said before, it is not Yellen who must create

jobs but Perez (Secretary of Labor); it is not Carney who must create jobs but Green

(Secretary of State for Work and Pensions); it is not Draghi who must create jobs but

Nahles (Germany), Touraine (France), Poletti (Italy), and so on; it is not Kuroda who

must create jobs but Shiozaki…

Yet all we focus on is Yellen, Draghi, Carney, and Kuroda.

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

that is my opinion… this is the world we live in.

PMH, it’s not my deep understanding, it’s just my years.

You mentioned elsewhere about reconciling your monthly bills, this is exactly what motivates my thinking.

I’m past those particular worries, yet my children and grandchildren and thousands of ordinary, hard working people throughout the world have that very same concern.

Their hard working is often not enough, they rely on their elected politicians to help create and maintain the infrastructure that helps them provide for their families.

Most modern countries have created the independent central bank, these guys are professionals, they do their best, ego plays a minimal role, but can we really say the same of the politicians.

I am an entrepreneur, so I always look for the positive, yet I rely on these same politicians to help me create the wealth, not for myself, but for others who will in turn distribute - and so monthly bills get paid.

Many thks for your posts :slight_smile:

I doff my cap to you, Peterma, for ever an asset to these forums!

You always look for the positive even in seemingly negative economic times,

and, as you say, it is part of your mind-set to do so.

We need more people like you who write with such a human touch and

a sharp financial/economic mind, all in one…

As for the central banks… Reading Murray Rothbard’s 'What has the government

done to our money?’ (What Has Government Done to Our Money? | Mises Institute)

says all that I need to know to see the fundamental flaw behind the removal of the

free-market pricing of money and of the gold/silver standard; I also see many more

problems with central banking and with the idea that a few smart people in a room

with a printing press can somehow ‘stimulate’ the economy woes out of a depressed

system. Of course, politicians can make as many mistakes as central bankers, but

at least… we can vote them out at the next election.

Peace and Prosperity, Peterma.

I am away to bed.

Let the trading week commence.

This is what I was referring to, released yesterday - the inevitable reaction from China, their ambassador is conveying his government’s response.

Now the UK Govt is in a difficult position, if they allow Hinkley they are seen to be acting under duress.

The dilemma, which even I as a mere keyboard warrior could foresee, could have been so easily avoided.

When suggestions were made public that the UK had stalled the signing of the agreement based on security issues - that was the time to issue a statement to the effect that it was solely economics that had caused the re-think, a perfect face saver for all concerned.

Ah well, what is done is done, what is won is won, and what is lost is lost and gone forever…
China warns of ‘crucial juncture’ over Hinkley delay - BBC News