World Cup Russia thread w/ poll

Humiliation for Germany. Is it because of the mistake of excluding Leroy Sane?

Well Argentina are luckily trough, but “EURJPY” went massively down yesterday :smiley:

Russia can’t be this good. They should check them for performance enhancement drugs. Also I suspect that Russia is controlling the outcome of other matches, by giving teams performance inhibiting substances by secretly poisoning their food. They have done this before at their own olympics, so they could be cheating like this again.

Well, I thought against Spain, it wouldn’t work out, but that goes to show what I know. Definitely some more interesting matches to come. And how long can Sweden keep it up?!?

Brazil v Belgium should be exciting. Hell, all the rest will be exciting!

What an unpredictable world cup ! Belgium have beaten Brazil !

Well England let them beat us too, so as to get to the better half of the draw ! - It seems it went to their heads ! (well that plus the disallowed penalty wihich should have let it end 2-2 at Full Time ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brazil exit is like forex…no solid structure…will fail.

How can they claim to be Brazil…the jogo bonito attacking team yet play with 6 Defenders??? 4 Defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? Makes no sense. You are basically telling every body "come and attack me because I have no confidence in my attacking prowess "…

Or…

“I am so scared of another 7-1…let me play with more defensive players.”

Even though they had Coutinho…he was the only creative midfielder. William and Neymar are skillful but

1. They are not creative

2. And they play on the wings! Only so much and no more you can create from there.

This is why Coutinho looks lonely at times and has to resort to shooting. That assist was probably the most creative thing from Brazil all world cup.

England France or Belgium to win.

France has the edge because individually are better.

England…if they can regain that smoothness in attack they showed before Colombia… I see them winning.

Overall…an exciting World Cup…with lots of drama and upsets…but honestly…except for these 3 teams…not much exciting quality.

Messi wasnt that interested…even when he was…didnt have the supporting cast for it to make a difference.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

Croatia played badly, oh well,… but they did the job.

Best result as far as I can see ! The Russian crowd will be “anti” the destroyers of their hopes and working on the basis “My enemy is your enemy” - we (ENGAND ! ) may just get the backing of the “home crowd” :innocent:

France England final, with England winning 2-1 in extra time, just for the drama.

Strong France. I’m rooting for them to take the cup for the second time.

Been out and got a few beers for us to make shandies with as we watch the England match tonight and also 3 bottles of “Diet” Lemonade which was gone up 100% from 17 p to 34 p as a direct result of the sugar tax - And the “Full sugar” version ? well yes that’s gone up from 17p to 34p as well so much for “sugar tax encouraging people to drink less sugary drinks”

Balls :soccer: We’re out :unamused:

YUP ! sad that - but there we go !

And I’ve got a Ceegar wants smoking - but I don’t have the heart really ! :confused:

I think France will win the World Cup Russia 2018

1 Like

Who would have thought the ‘Men In Black’ would go all the way to the final. Do you think they can do the unthinkable and beat France to take the cup?

France took the cup. Congratulations!

Excellent final. I thought Croatia had a fighting chance and actually played very well and better than France for most of the game.

Thoughts on the Griezmann dive and Perisic handball?

Interesting thoughts on the handball from players and coaches.

Upon first VAR look, I thought it was a penalty, but then the commentary from actual players changed my mind to no penalty. Unfortunate for Croatia. Griezmann dive, nothing to say. You hate to see it, wish it was reviewable, or at least a punishment after the fact, one time permits the review.

All around, great final!.

Me I think it was a Penalty. Look at how Perisic’s hand accelerated toward’s the ball’s path after its initial jump position. In a natural jumping animation, the hand would have started high, then at constant speed the hand would have travelled down. But in the replay, we see that the hand moves half way down then stops for a moment, then accelerates further down towards the path of the ball. Meaning that he deliberately moved the hand in position after realizing the ball is going to get past him.
As shown here: Ivan Perisic handball 2018 FIFA World cup Final