Would you rather have a trading strategy that only works well during bear markets or bull markets?

Ok I’m enjoying these would you rather questions lol.

If your trading strategy can only work during bear markets OR bull markets, which would you rather pick?

I don’t know the answer. I feel like bull markets is when I can make the most money (I wouldn’t know what to do during bear markets) and then just do something else once the bear market hits.

IMO, I have found after live trend FX currency following three years buying and selling, the most consistent and profitable is the selling bearish trend. I should have kept a number record of my buying and selling trades. I hope that Tommor could add to that.

And I have read somewhere that falling stock markets are the better bet, because most people want to get out quick, so as to preserve their capital. Whether that also applies to FX currency pairs, is open.

1 Like

In my conscious mind I am completely happy with taking either long or short positions in forex, the strategies I always use are on the face of it equally suitable for bullish or bearish markets. But I too have to admit I don’t have the evidence to back up whether one is more successful than the other in practice.

The only place I never go bearish is on the US stock market indices.

1 Like

This makes sense but I suppose only applies to the stock market since this clearly didn’t work for crypto. :sob: