Would you rather have consistent but smaller profits or occasional big ones?

Silly question, so here is silly answer

Rather be in and out of the market with small trades the longer your in the market more risk there is if you can trade 1 to1.5 RR on small trades and do just a hand full of trades a week you will be profitable if your strategy is a winner and you stick to your rules10 to 15 pips a day is enough for me then I can go enjoy the day!

1 Like

Man I think this is a big part of the psychology problem for new traders. The small and consistent trades are great for the longer term, but they’re sooooo boring. And I think that turns people off to that sort of trading and thinking it CAN’T make a difference. Like the profits are too small and I need big wins now, all the time!

But if you kept winning smaller and gave up those big losers you keep chasing, your account balance would be growing…

1 Like

Newbies can also disguise this as “if it’s boring like this, how am I gonna learn??” :joy:

It depends on the trading strategy you are more comfortable to use.
Some people are not good with intraday trading so the consistent small profits are out of the question for them.
On the other hand, big profits mean that you will have a hard time to abide by the risk management rules. If you can do it, then I think it’s worth trying it.

Yup this is always the first thing to ask any time someone posts about “big” wins.

I would much rather have occasional heavy hitters as opposed to small regular win. If I lose a little 2 days in a row to win big Ill take it.

1 Like