WTF Pattern of the Day

Hide the women and children.

Woody’s back!

At 0305 this am I had 2 NZD longs closed and an NZD short triggered. Haven’t yet been able to see what happened. Just out of interest, what was it, do you know?

I’m wondering as well. I was short on the NZDUSD and price blew 15 pips past my profit target. I happily banked the extra profit but I saw nothing on the news.

Good to hear from you again.

As I get more familiar with this pair, I’m learning a few things about the fundamentals. Apparently, the NZD is tied pretty close to the Chinese economy. I think they must be close trading partners or something. That’s what I’m reading online anyway.

Whether that’s true or not really doesn’t matter. But there was volatile news concerning china as this spike was happening. That tells me it may be a good idea to go flat during these chinese news events while trading this pair.

Fortunately for me, I happened to be long during this event. I just happened to see this crazy candle, it spooked me, and then I got out-- luckily with a pretty decent profit. The operative word there is “luck.”

Ah I see it now, thank you. That must be it. Hey ho, onwards and upwards.