XAU/USD in the real world?

Halloo cats! A friend of mine jazz shared with me that she is slowly collecting 18k gold jewelry as part of her long term investment/ reserves (apart from paper assets) and kitty fund investments.

Have any of you guys tried collecting physical gold like gold bullion or nuggets or bars? How far have you gone into a collection?

Dis cat is curious and it’s one of my bucketlist goals to kitty collect physical gold. :cat:

download (8)

1 Like

that’s a good idea, and something that’s on my list. My mentor currently collects physical gold, not sure how much he’s bought though

1 Like

Not holding physical gold if I can use it to trade more!

1 Like

My family used to have a nice gold collection that had been accumulated over several generation but the house got burglarized and everything was taken. We never bothered after that.

1 Like

Ouch. Serious question, and please don’t take this the wrong way, but why keep that at home and not in a vault somewhere? Did you/could you make an insurance claim on that?

1 Like

One of my mentors emphasize starting it bit by bit. He says that if a major catastrophe like a world war happens, money and credit becomes worthless if not less. I am stll struggling with the idea but down the road i know this cat wants his own treasure trove. :cat:

1 Like

Haha… good point there. I guess this cat will seriously start accumulating the physical stuff only with excess funds. :cat:

Wow that is tough. Sorry for your kitty loss there… I guess it’s a risk we’ll have to face if we’ll collect physical gold. Thanks for sharing your experience and ill kitty consider that. I have 1 18k ring hidden in my kitty wardrobe inside a sock. True story. meowhahaha… This cat is still thinkin over the kitty idea of a collection. :cat:

same thing he said lol he also collects baseball cards and other things

Why would anyone do that?

Hahaha… my mentor on the other hand, apart from gold, collects paintings and wines. :slight_smile:

And I love to collect stationary items.

1 Like

Time to start a bookstore? :wink:

1 Like

Why so many cat-talk?

Hehe… Im a cat. :heart_eyes_cat:
I gotta stay in character (most times) :wink:

1 Like

lmaoo I find it hilarious, keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will! I will put all 9 of my kitty lives (or maybe 6) to bein active here to share advice and hopefully help. :cat:

1 Like

note yet, still long way to go :smile:

Technically sound reasoning, however, in practical terms, under those conditions, gold will become illiquid and you won’t be able to use it. Not to mention that it will be difficult to carry gold with you due to the weight as well as the fear of getting robbed.

If you do decide to collect gold I suggest 24k bullion rather than 18k jewelry since you will be paying more for your gold in jewelry form. Just my 2 cents. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah you have a point there. Jewelry does have a hefty markup to pay for. :smiley: