Year-End Check: How are you on your trading goals?

Can you believe that 2022 is almost over?!

It wasn’t exactly a smooth ride, but give yourself a pat on the back for powering through!

Now, before you make a list of your trading resolutions and gear up for 2023, it’s the perfect time to look back on the trading goals that you made at the beginning of the year and see if you need to make changes to your goals, trading processes, or strategies.

So, what was your trading goal this year and how did you fare?

7 Likes

Honestly yeah, Things happened sure, but it was so much better than last two years and it can only get better and better. Exited to see what 2023 brings.

My goals were to finish School of Pipsology once and start a demo account.

Demo account I am doing it, but I missed a lot on Pipsology, but I still got whole 16 days and I might be able to finish it after all.

So ready, exited and prepared to face 2023.

2 Likes

I now think I know what I’m doing…

3 Likes

End of the year, I’m not consistent profit trader yet but I see myself have more improvement in trading, I’m now is better than the last year. I know what I want in 2 next years: continue doing my trading journal.

4 Likes

I finally saw enough losing trades for the lightbulb to come on. Most of them weren’t losers. I just gave up on them because of an arbitrary stop loss and a heavy dose of fear of losing. More patience could have saved me thousands.

In 2023 I will continue to increase in patience.

3 Likes

I’m proud that I did open more trades this year than in the past year! :blush: I still have a long way to go before I actually become consistently profitable, but I think I’ve found the system I’m more confident in. :blush:

4 Likes

Hit plateau, tbh, but positive take away. Compared to where I was six months ago, pleased of progress made, but pressing on. Happy holiday folks

1 Like

Hello Panda,

Your on the right track if you feel that momentum is improving and that your now better than last year,

Journalling everything you do including backtesting, forward testing and just improving psychology in general will keep you improving.

1 Like

Happy holidays too you too icandoall-06!

Hitting the plateau is normal, as long as you are driven towards your trading goals 2023 will be a great year for you keep your head up.

Believe it or not, there are only a few days left in 2022. I’m also working on my goals and have added a few new ones to the list.

This year was pretty good! I did more trades than last year and also saw some consistent results. In terms of learning, it was a very fruitful year. I am excited for the next one.

Grateful that I have achieved all my trading goals for the year 2022 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

All I need to do is script for 2023, and make them turn to reality!

For me, this year was fairly successful. My trading goals for this year, I believe, have been achieved.

Can’t wait to start making new plans in 2023 :smile:

Happy new year also @icanscalpgold. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Happy trading in 2023

Not at all, it was so fast! Whatever, overall I’m happy on my own trading progress! I believe 2023 will be more interesting!

I learned a lot last year. Have some unfinished goals, though - which I am happily taking up this year :slightly_smiling_face: