You have $10k to buy either gold or bitcoin, which will you buy?

Where do you trade XRP? Can’t do it anymore on Coinbase. :confused:

I dont know a lot but id say bitcoin does have a real value. From what i understand it is extremely hard to track transactions. Ideal for crime, governments, military, secret societies, avoiding tax… Anyone who does not want to be caught.

This makes it extremely valuable in a world moving closer to online transactions that can be tracked.

That is until governments start putting regulations in place. Or just outright banning it. x_X

1 Like

That’s quite an interesting question because I really never think where to invest 10 years down the line. But since your question got me thinking, I’ll any day go for a major chunk investment in Gold. If I have $10K in hand, why risk it by investing in bitcoin when the potential of losing the money is quite high. I’d rather be safer than sorry!

Bittrex, Crypto.com, Coinburp

1 Like

Well they already removed it from the UK platforms. (I dont trade it but that is besides the point). They claim
1: It is to volatile (Actually this is really good for traders)
2: People do not understand it. (You do not need to understand something in order to use it)
3: It is not necessary. (Currencies are necessary for any modern society)

For me this is just insulting and it sets a extremely dangerous precedent.

1 Like

Used to use Bittrex a lot but I had to take my stuff out - I think something to do with them not being in the US anymore? I’ll have to check in again and look at the other two you’ve mentioned. Thanks!

Oof so how do Brits trade it then? :open_mouth:

Im not sure. I think you would have to actually buy it yourself. Maybe options trading still allows it.

Looks like IG UK offers a limited list of cryptocurrencies to trade. That’s just off my initial googling of course :sweat_smile:

Now that I think about it, I’ve also seen a couple of UK members here talk about crypto trading!

It was only removed recently from trading CFD / Spread betting.
Just checked my IG account and it is also not available there either. It says not available for retail accounts.

Its just going to cause people who want to trade crypto to go offshore. Then they wont have the protection from Uk legislation.

Still say Bitcoin :slight_smile:

1 Like

We use an offshore broker

50% bitcoin, 50% gold.

Oh my, no wonder! That sucks I’m sorry!

Which one do you use? :open_mouth:

At a cool 49/50k, I’ll have to agree :sweat_smile:

haha definitely Bitcoin :slight_smile:

I use EagleFX and IC Markets and have done for years.
I also now use CedarFX

1 Like

I would go for 100% Bitcoin. I believe, people are changing their views toward digital assets and are becoming more confident towards them.
However, I guess I have got only one partner along with me in this forum. @jessoprules

1 Like

Yes for me 100% it would be Bitcoin.

1 Like

Legit 100%! Corporates are changing their view towards digital assets and so will people like us.

1 Like

Lots of Hedge Funds investing in it now!

1 Like