You need to know this if you’re still struggling with your psychology

You need to change before you see change🤞

1.Fear of losing disappears when you start thinking in probabilities.

2.FOMO disappears when you start trusting your trading system.

3.Fear of failure disappears when you start thinking long term.

Everything depends on you

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this because many of us are still unaware of these psychological issues that we should know actually.

2 Likes

These 2 statements can help traders to manage emotions and improve their overall trading performances. They show the significance of adopting a realistic and systematic approach to trading.

2 Likes

Thinking long term in trading helps traders see individual trades as part of a larger journey, reducing the fear of failure and allowing them to focus on their overall performance and growth as traders.

Developing emotional discipline, maintaining a strong trading mindset, and managing psychological biases are essential for maintaining consistent and rational trading behavior.

Common psychological barriers or factors that most of us even don’t know.

Great post, Simple yet really valuable information. Even reminded me that it’s a longterm game.

Thank you

“2.FOMO disappears when you start trusting your trading system.” If you have a good trading system

Agree I also try to not pay attention to separate losing trades and instead assess performance in general. Sharpe ratio is good for that purpose.

I agree that fear of failure easily vanish when you start thinking of long-term prospects and become a so-called far-sighted trader, however, I remember those days nothing could help me to overpass the burden from expecting a potential failure. This fear appeared after a serious loss streak, and I’ve almost given up.
But, some wise traders, you know, arrant ones, advised me to not expecting a failure as psychological setups matter in this case. Just do your thing, discarding all hesitations.

Fear disappears when you have a proven and profitable trading strategy and control the risks in your transactions. You set the SL and always know how much you are willing to lose on a trade without worrying that the loss may be greater if you trade without stop losses.