Your longest losing streak

What’s the longest losing streak you’ve ever experienced in your trading journey?

1 Like

I couldn’t remember exactly how long but enough to blow an account. Hahaha.

I’m still on one lol. I paused trading last week but before that I think I’ve had about 12 losing trades over a span of 4 weeks. There was one tiny winning trade but I don’t count it. :confused:

1 Like

Checked my forex factory account overview now and am seeing 7; well if not for this question i don’t really put streaks into mind inasmuch my risks are managed.

As I am now a trend trader, most losses occurred while I was developing my strategy and strict process. On my small live account, I have had a recent losing streak that has cost me $90 all told.

However, my mistake was not giving the S/L much breathing space - three consecutive losses could have been profits had I lowered the order cost and slightly increased the risk exposure.

2 Likes

Looks like 8 trades is my worst streak so far. (Though one of those was stopped out at Break Even).

I think I’m still potentially struggling with the mistake that @steve369 mentioned about S/Ls. I might start playing around with slightly wider ones with with order costs.

1 Like

I went through a period like this. At that moment I thought it couldn’t get any worse. I even had thoughts that trading was not for me and it was time to leave.
But you know, some time spent on reflection and rethinking helped me to use this situation as an opportunity for self-development.

1 Like

Good to know that so far from the replies here, I hold the longest losing streak :joy: :sob:

1 Like

More than 20 in a row? I did this before. :rofl:

1 Like

imagen

Losing streaks are difficult to endure. You just gotta keep going. It’s really testing, but you gotta endure, have faith in yourself, trust in yourself that you can become profitable.

2 Likes

Ok lol you can keep this record then! Congrats :rofl:

2 Likes